What's the best way to attract this woman in this case?

ironpony

A couple of friends suggested I should join Tinder, so I did based on their recommendations. I am still trying to figure out how it works, but it seems that if I get a match, then I can email that person on there.

One of my matches turned out to be this woman I knew from elementary school. She's gotten pretty attractive as an adult now, and wanted to get her interested in hanging out. However, back in elementary school I was a shy and antisocial autistic kid that no one treated as normal and I just kept to myself and sat in the corner the whole time.

So I want her to see me as more confident and smooth than how she would recollect me of course. But what kind of line should I message her with, if that's the case, or how should I approach it?

Thank you very much for any advice

Just be yourself, and be genuine. Would she recognize you and know who you are?

Ask her how she's doing and how her week/weekend is going.

There's really nothing in particular that you can say to ensure you get her attention or to guarantee a response. The fact that you've matched is clearly a good start. If she responds to your message, great. If not, just move on.

Good luck!

Oh okay, but they say don't say lines like 'Hi, how are you' cause then you're just like every other guy on online dating. I can see what they mean, cause if I send a more unique message, it's much more likely that I will get a response. So I thought maybe I would send her something funny or cute to comment on how we know each other, just not sure what that would be.

Oh okay, but they say don't say lines like 'Hi, how are you' cause then you're just like every other guy on online dating. I can see what they mean, cause if I send a more unique message, it's much more likely that I will get a response. So I thought maybe I would send her something funny or cute to comment on how we know each other, just not sure what that would be.

That would be my suggestion; perhaps make a reference to a funny teacher or memory from your elementary school to get the conversation going.

On Tinder, you have to do something that piques her interest to actually spark a conversation that's going to go anywhere. (Unless you're super hot, apparently.) Women tend to get a lot more matches from what I've seen, which means in theory they have a lot more people vying for their attention....and if 15/20 guys open with "Hey, how are you?" and 4/20 open with a proposition (but not a DATE proposition) and 1/20 opens with something witty and clever that makes her laugh or is about something she is interested in, who do you think is going to get her attention?

No pressure though.

Look at her profile. Did she give any clues about what interests her? Are any of her pictures adventurous or interesting? Talk to her about things like that. Show an interest in her as a person, and give the conversation a chance to go somewhere.

If she's looking for actual dating (and on Tinder, this can be a fairly big IF) this should help your case.

PS: If school was traumatic for you, you might not want to go that route for your own sake. If you get the date, maybe bring it up then... like, "you went to xxx Elementary school?! Me too!" and let it go so it's not a focal point for a common connection since it was a less than positive experience for you.

Archived