My ex girlfriend left me for someone else.

Chaos22

I have been in a releationship with my ex girlfriend for just over 2 years. We lived together just under 1 year.

To cut a long story short. She left me for someone else. When I found out we got to a break and we were left on limbo. She did cry a lot about it. I obv begged and said I would change with my side. She wanted to stay in contact if I wanted to. She says bye when she sees me etc.

I haven't seen her for a while now.

I just want to know do girls ever regret leaving you for another guy? We were happy together but we had a usual problems that couple have.

She is 21 and I am 28.

She has gone with someone the complete opposite of me. I am a stable guy and she knows I like to go out and go on holidays.

She always said she wanted to marry me and that she wanted to have kids with me. She always asked me if I wanted the same and I always said I did.

I haven't seen her for a while and don't know if I should just pass by her and just say bye for her not to think I would ignore her.

I understand someone won't forget the other person but I don't know wat to do.

In the beginning I was always messaging etc and she always replied that then I did the NC rule and haven't broken that. But I do want to pass near her just to wave bye when she is alone. But don't know if that would make a difference for her to see I won't ignore her or forget me.

It kills me inside that I am Not with her. I have been in NC for nearly 2 months.

I have heard about the grass is not greener on the other side etc but I can't hope for that either.

Just want to to if it's possible for a girl after over 2 years that leaves you for someone else could regret it. And if they do would they get in contact regardless if they haven't even seen you for a while?

Just want to to if it's possible for a girl after over 2 years that leaves you for someone else could regret it. And if they do would they get in contact regardless if they haven't even seen you for a while?

It's possible but not likely, I'm sorry to say.

Can she come back? Yes, but hold on.....it's likely that if she does, it will only be because this guy has dumped her, or they start having fights. She knows you're right there, like her safety net. She knows you'll be right there to respond to her, the second they have problems! And they will, I can assure you. It will be up to you to decide how you want to respond.

Thanks for the quick reply. So chance are people tell me is they will have problems and it won't work out. She is hot headed but loveable. But she can be difficult at times.

Is it a gd idea to pass by her just to acknowledge each other?

Or she would miss me regardless if she sees me or not? I don't have her on FAcebook.

If she does com bak will it be 100% coz she doesn't know any better? Or could there be a chance she truly wants to give it another go?

Always wanted the best for her and she knows it.

I did notice that when she was leaving me she was trying to convince herself that we were bad etc and I told her. She agreed in her own way by not saying anything.

It's never a gd idea if someone mutual talks to her? Not to convince her but just for her to click on some things if there is anything there? Also as well not to sabotage on wat she got. Wat do u think.

So it is possibie. And she would contact me no need to contact her?

Chances are she will come back, my ex did the same to me. She came back to me after 2 months... I never contacted her though she just used an excuse to talk to me, because I loved her I gave her another chance but it turned out she only wanted me back for closure because she felt guilty for leaving me. The way I see it is if someone loves you that much they just won't leave you. Walking away is an easy thing to do, surely she didn't think you was that worth fighting for? I'm just being honest. With her being 21 that's also still pretty young minded, in her brain she's thinking to herself she still has a lot of years ahead of her. If I was you take my advice.... save up and go travelling. After me and the ex finished not long after I went and travelled 17 states in America in 21 days, I also came back and travelled 3 countries in 3 days and I'm also moving to Australia in the next 2 weeks, if it wasn't for her leaving me then i wouldn't have done and be doing what I'm doing now. It will honestly make you a stronger person.

When I caught her cheating it was when she wanted a break. Like they all do. She did have a bad time on the break. Though the break was a few weeks and we saw each other nearly every day. Though I'm guessing at the same time she was testing the waters with this new guy and then when we left it she is now with this new guy. I'm hoping this relationship doesn't last. People say that normally it doesn't but I can't wait to find out sadly. I can say she did love me and she felt guilty doing it but she still did it. Like many do I guess. Wonder if she will ever regret it though. It's been two months with this new relationship so let's see. Though could last longer.

I know she has asked about how I'm doing and if I'm talking about the subject of me and her. Don't know why she would ask but anyways. Let's see then. With all ur experience u think she could still regret it then.

I was the boyfriend that she first went on holiday with etc. so I showed her a bit of the world. We been on a few holidays so yeah.

First off , a person is going to go through many changes from 19-21. Your a bit older and to expect a woman that young to be around forever is a bit unrealistic. If I were to date someone that young, I'd expect them to take off at some point and would have little attachment, or hope for something long term. If its long term you want, go for your own age group. No golden rules, but its more likely that a woman approaching 30 would have the desire and ability to settle down.

Having expectations of emotional stability from a 19-21 year old,,, much more unlikely.

It might not last with the new guy, but your never going to have a solid relationship with someone who left you for another man really. Theres a good chance of it happening again. Why take back a woman who left you, when there are plenty who wouldn't?

I'd spend sometime working on yourself , and really practicing not getting so attached to women especially when they are so young.

Look after yourself well, and keep practicing the NC rule.

Give her the gift of missing you, which is all she deserves for cheating on you.

Hi, to be honest with you and everybody else going through this situation, dont hang on hope. I was in a relationship with my ex for 5.5 years (we are both 23 as we speak) and she called me her soulmate, the love of her life etc. She cheated on me at the end and then left me. Its been 7 months since and shes still dating the guy that she cheated one me with. So just forget about her, dont wait for her while shes obv not waiting for you and probably having sex with another dude.., i dont mean to be rude but thats juste being honest, live your life, spend time eith your family, friends, go meet some other girls get back on dating etc. Start NC and just never break it because we dont give a about what they do, just be happy in your life and i hope someday you meet a girl that will make you her first choice and not her safet net. Good luck my friend.

-M

• 5 months later...
I will give her the gift of missing me. And for here to notice wat she has missed.

As they says after a while they will only remember the good points and not the bad especially if they see u happy. So u never know I guess.

This is the absolute best thing you can do - for both of you. I am in a similar position, brother. I'm happy to discuss how I've been handling the breakup and what I have found to be useful recovery strategies.

Eh, if she was cheating, then she isn't likely to come back for the right reasons at all.

She didn't have enough respect or love for you to break up before testing out a new guy. That is the real underlying problem. She might regret hurting you and try to come back if he breaks up with her, but I would almost guarantee she won't stay back.

She was very young when she started dating you. As others have said, the people we date in our late teens and early 20's are rarely the people we end up with forever. Your ex is immature and was in no way ready to commit to you forever. Yeah, she talked marriage and kids but a lot of young people fantasize about this far before they're actually ready for it.

At the end of the day, the right girl for you won't need to cheat and break up with you in order to see your value and hang on to you.

Archived