A long distance relationship

anonymous451

Hello All I am writing to you because of a situation I am going through that is consuming a lot of thinking. I met this wonderful woman 9 months ago and she just left to college overseas. She is not from the same country, and we both agreed to stay together and see where life leads us. We are deeply connected. It literally felt like hell the moment I said goodbye to her where I couldn't even look her in the eye knowing that if I did I'd burst into tears. The first night was the hardest knowing she's in the air while I am locked up here with her memories. We connect on Facetime nightly aside from daily chats. I am disheveled and cant bring myself to the phone sometimes because I know I will look horrible and do not want to put her down too. I am not asking for advice to keep our spark alive but rather on advice to get out of the depressive mode I am currently in. The problem is that every corner and every alley reminds me of her. We have done so much in my city that everywhere I look I see her. Seeing her was regimented in my day. Now since she's gone all what I am left with is free time for self sabotaging. It sounds like I am over-exaggerating but believe me nobody could every envy the feelings I am going through. It's the third day and I feel like I am on autopilot where my feelings and presence are elsewhere. I have gone through depression before and some of the beginning symptoms of depression are stomach aches, cramps, and nausea. I am starting to get these symptoms and I'm starting to freak out knowing that they're the keys to hell. I really need some guidance whether it's about passing time or regarding this transition period I am going through and how to get out of the current mood without depending on SSRIs or sedatives.

OK, this really isn't a relationship question, it's a medical question. Your gf leaving is triggering your depression again. You need to seek out medical care and perhaps be prescribed ativan or Zoloff or whatever your doctor advises.

The good news is that your gf has not broken up with you and if you want to keep her, you must confide in her and tell her that your depression has returned. She will support you and help you. If you don't tell her, you will lose her because she will think you're pulling away from her. Let me tell you that this is exactly what happened to me and how I lost my college sweetheart. So talk to her about it. And that might even help your depression.

Hello All I am writing to you because of a situation I am going through that is consuming a lot of thinking. I met this wonderful woman 9 months ago and she just left to college overseas. She is not from the same country, and we both agreed to stay together and see where life leads us. We are deeply connected. It literally felt like hell the moment I said goodbye to her where I couldn't even look her in the eye knowing that if I did I'd burst into tears. The first night was the hardest knowing she's in the air while I am locked up here with her memories. We connect on Facetime nightly aside from daily chats. I am disheveled and cant bring myself to the phone sometimes because I know I will look horrible and do not want to put her down too. I am not asking for advice to keep our spark alive but rather on advice to get out of the depressive mode I am currently in. The problem is that every corner and every alley reminds me of her. We have done so much in my city that everywhere I look I see her. Seeing her was regimented in my day. Now since she's gone all what I am left with is free time for self sabotaging. It sounds like I am over-exaggerating but believe me nobody could every envy the feelings I am going through. It's the third day and I feel like I am on autopilot where my feelings and presence are elsewhere. I have gone through depression before and some of the beginning symptoms of depression are stomach aches, cramps, and nausea. I am starting to get these symptoms and I'm starting to freak out knowing that they're the keys to hell. I really need some guidance whether it's about passing time or regarding this transition period I am going through and how to get out of the current mood without depending on SSRIs or sedatives.

Well, it's tough missing loved ones but the worst thing you could be doing is making your separation anxiety your best friend. Get out and do stuff and instead of looking at memory triggers with sadness, turn that around to be that of a comfort. Have her send you something that you can hang onto that will sooth your anxiousness... Rely on friends and family to help fill in any lonliness, Join groups of interest to keep you busy. Get into the shower and make yourself presentable so that you can skype with her. You're doing NOTHING right now to help ease your panic, sadness or separation anxiety... Be better to yourself then that.

I hear you thanks for your advice. The only thing is that I can control the mental aspect of anxiety. However, what's taking it's toll on me is the physical aspect of anxiety and depression such as headache, nausea, agitation, severe pain from cramps, jaw and teeth pain from clenching. I try to control it by working out, reading, and trying new stuff. However, time seems so slow and irrelevant and by the end of the day I am left with a huge headache that is debilitating.

Archived