Self Image

BrookeHx

I really struggle with accepting how I look. I constantly worry about if I look ok; Is my hair ok? Do my clothes look ok?

I'm not an overly attractive person. I do get compliments. I don't think of myself who is so materialistic or vain but I put a lot of pressure on how I look. I would never judge others based on how they look but I give myself a hard time.

I do sometimes let myself relax around my other half but sometimes I stress and will sneak to the bathroom to check my hair or make up.

I don't want to be this kind of person.

How old are you?

Figuring out how to fix this will depend largely on WHY you feel the need to always check your hair or makeup.

Are you worried it's gotten messed up and you want it to be perfect? Indicates some kind of OCD.

Are you comparing yourself to others and feel like you have to try to look the best?? Indicates low self esteem or insecurity.

Are other people making you feel like you aren't as pretty, don't dress as nice, etc? I wonder if you're surrounding yourself with shallow, judgemental type people.

Regardless, remember that at the end of the day, confidence is a very attractive quality in a person. That comes from YOU. Not your hair, not your make up, not your clothes. So, messy hair, no makeup, over sized tshirt...whatever it is, ROCK IT.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Ironically I am a very confident person aside from how I feel towards my appearance.

I have thought about what you said and a lot of it is comparing myself to others and the other is possibly because my relationship is a little uncertain at the minute. So perhaps I feel that if I look perfect it will help my relationship?

I do have insecurities but I somehow feel that if I look perfect (in my eyes) then everything else isn't so bad.

It's such a shallow attitude to have and it's not like me at all hence my frustration.

I go on holiday soon with my OH and his family and I don't want to worry about how I look.

(I'm 24 next month)

I really struggle with accepting how I look. I constantly worry about if I look ok; Is my hair ok? Do my clothes look ok?

I'm not an overly attractive person. I do get compliments. I don't think of myself who is so materialistic or vain but I put a lot of pressure on how I look. I would never judge others based on how they look but I give myself a hard time.

I do sometimes let myself relax around my other half but sometimes I stress and will sneak to the bathroom to check my hair or make up.

I don't want to be this kind of person.

The only opinion that matters is yours. Once you stop caring about others. You will feel better and not worry so much.

]

Archived