Out with friends !

chicafella80

Stable relationship here .2 years together this month living together for a year and a half...we both work .Last saturday i stopped by mall to see an friend have not seen in over a year. Told boyfriend about it .he seemed ok.She works at beauty saloon so we stopped there at mall for a coffee while she was on lunch for about an hour and girlie gossiping.When i got home he was ok but felt like he was a bit sulked up...this weekend he is gone all day with buddies to watch sports...how should i feell? I get bored being around men being there more than couple of hours...

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand what the conflict is here?

You spent time with your friend last week. Now he's hanging out with his. What do you mean, how should you feel? Do you two normally not spend any time with your own friends or something?

I am confused.

I think she means that he was sulked up when she visited her friend. Should she sulk as well now that he is hanging out with his friends?

Why did you "feel" he was a bit sulked up? Even if he were, why would it have to be related to you having hung out with your friends? Why do you care if he's hanging out with the guys for the day?

This is where all my confusion lies too. OP, you need to clarify a few things so we can give you better feedback.

I think she means that he was sulked up when she visited her friend. Should she sulk as well now that he is hanging out with his friends?

Yes, I got that - but I don't get whether she actually knows that he was pouting for that reason, or if she just made that assumption. I also am not clear why hanging out with a friend would elicit that type of reaction, nor why there seems to a -for-tat dynamic going on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you have to ask your SO for permission to see a friend unless it had to do with breaking a plan you had with him or some errand you'd scheduled? Why don't you two also have lives apart from each other with friends and activities? If he wants to see his friends to watch sports, why not go do something on your own? Do you have friends where you might do more than just "girlie gossip?" What activities do you do on your own? What about him?

Archived