Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did he subliminally ask me for nude photos? :(

loveyourself91

Did he subliminally ask me for nude photos? :(

This guy I went on ONE date with after him flaking many times before (I spoke about him in a previous post). He sent me a text message last night which was a meme basically saying "send nudes" he put lol. I immediately got offended by it and assumed he was just looking for sex. He responded saying he only sent it to me because he thought it was funny. Mind you he didn't text me at all that day. When we do talk it's small talk like "whats up". As much as we hit it off on our date and he seemed like a good catch in person I just blocked him. Am I being too defensive or did I do the right thing by cutting him off?

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    nah you did the right thing ..it is obvious what he is after ..

3. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    lostandhurt
    That wasn't subliminal, that was right our front what he wanted. He said he was joking when you reacted the way you did.

He may seem like a good catch but trust your gut.

Lost

yatsue
    Silver Member
    Depends. If he wasn't overtly sexual or hinting at anything until this meme, then I would send a "Nope" in response. Actually, that's not true. I would look up a meme online and send something I thought was a funny picture sending a similar message of nope.

Now, if he was sexually explicit previously and sent you suggestive messages before, then I would think he was fishing for some nudes and/or progressing into the sexy times.

However, since you mentioned you both hit it off (which seems in your opinion lacking an emphasis in sexual talk or moves) and seemed like a good catch in person, I think you are being too defensive. I would unblock him. To me it seems he was just trying to be funny. Very dumb, but funny not sexual.

yatsue
    Silver Member

Sportster2005
    Platinum Member
    He didn't the courage to out right ask, so he made a pathetic 'joke' to try and get you to do it.

8. Thanks HeartGoesOn, lostandhurt thanked for this post
    HeartGoesOn
    Yes, you did the right thing.

I'd be tempted to thank him for showing that side of him this early on. On the other hand, you dodged a bullet...move on.

10. Thanks LHGirl, lostandhurt thanked for this post
    DancingFool
    Nothing subliminal about that - he was pretty blunt with you. Of course he said he is joking, but that's only because you reacted negatively instead of sending him what he asked for. Anyway, good on you, don't second guess yourself about this kind of stuff. Sometimes, just because you feel chemistry on the date, doesn't make him a good man or dating/relationship material.

12. Thanks lostandhurt thanked for this post
    Helpmesavethis
    Bronze Member
    I guess I'll be the odd man or well woman out.... Maybe he was trying to lighten things up since you said it was all small talk type stuff and make a joke. I personally would have responded sarcastically with either a funny meme like above saying no or I would have been like you gotta earn that and you're nowhere close. And inserted a LOL as well since he did. I don't know. It might have bothered me a little but I wouldn't write him off because of it.

IAmFCA
    yatsue has hit on the right tone

There is a certain grace I've yet to learn in setting boundaries in a way that gives the other person a way out. Humor is often a way to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
I Just Don't Get It
I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks now, things seemed to be going well. He lives 2 hours from me, so we've been meeting up in the
Rude?
I took a girl out for dinner and drinks and didn't get a thank you. And was ghosted mid convo after the date. Now that I'm getting over the
Getting Closure
Thought I'd start a discussion on getting "closure" in our relationships; I've heard differing opinions about it and have been thinking about it a
Why can't things be easy and consistent?
I started talking to a man I knew from years ago. We didn't date, we were just acquaintances. We reconnected recently and went for coffee. We both
Would you be annoyed if...
Would you be annoyed if you were meeting up for the first time and still didn't know an exact time or location. I'm meeting him tomorrow and still
First date follow-up
Hello! So I had this great first date with a girl on Friday, I felt we had chemistry and we kissed a few times. Even though the date only lasted
Did I make the right decision?
Been out on 3 dates with this woman and I noticed that in between all of those dates, she never contacted me first whether it was text or phone
Featured Threads
College DRAMA??
*** This is the very FIRST WEEK ***College" as in NOT university- We're all 18 (ish) and live with parents**** Basically, the majority of the
Rude?
I took a girl out for dinner and drinks and didn't get a thank you. And was ghosted mid convo after the date. Now that I'm getting over the
On a dating site...just 2 weeks after break up
Can anyone shine some light on this.... 2 weeks after she dumped me, she is on Match...We were together for 2 .5 years...She dumped me once, then
Are we breaking up? How to act around him?
Hello, I have a problem to which I can't find a solution by myself and would love some advice! Here is the short story: 6 months ago I went to
Caught my partner of 20 years speaking to other men
I have been with my partner for 20 yrs this year,we have a16 he old son together .I love him so much,recently I was online and I found an email from
Am I dating the right guy at the wrong time?
Hi everyone. So..recently I've felt anxious and questioned the strength of my relationship and I'm not entirely sure why. I don't have any reason
Hello everyone tips / advice needed
Thank you everyone for the advice
Ask For Advice