Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I breakup or what else can I do?

Yolofish

Should I breakup or what else can I do?

I'm not sure what to do with my boyfriend and am considering breaking up. I don't want to consider it but I am. Basically he is really clingy- I talked to him about it and he's much better now but still he needs me to call him whenever I have a spare moment and he wants me to take work off to see him and stuff like that and it's a little too much! Plus I have no sexual desire anymore and he said it needs to change. He says we need to be doing sexual things once a week and it's so normal so he doesn't see why it's an issue for me. But that's just me? And I've found myslef being super attracted to other guys recently as well I haven't acted on it tho don't worry!
    I do will love him and he means a lot to me but everything he does frustrates me and we have been fighting a lot about every little thing!
    Also I've not been single since I was 16 I'm only 18 now yeah, but he keeps tlaking about getting married and moving in together and and I'm like man I'm not sure I can live with this kid my whole life
    ANY ADVICE? Would be greatly appreciated xx

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Break up!

Your relationship sounds suffocating. Why is this guy so insecure? Has he always been like this? Does he have any life outside of you?

You should not be taking off work to see him. Doesn't he work? How many times do you speak on a day?

Yolofish
    He's quite suffocating yes, but it's only because he cares so much about me I guess. I think he is insecure like he is because he has witnessed his parents divorce quite recently. And that's the issue he doesn't have much of a life, I mean he does go to uni and he works 4 days a week but I work at nights
    We speak everyday a fair bit, we always know where the other one is and who with etc.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    NO!!!!!!! His behavior is unhealthy, and has NOTHING to do with how much he cares for you!

The guy is insecure, and as you can see, you cannot continue to put up with this behavior. This is who he is.

Yolofish
    Hmm I guess so
    You don't reckon he'll be able to snap out of it or anything? The thing is I love the guy and since I'm all he has it would literally crush him like you have no idea

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You're going to stay with this guy forever, because he doesn't have any friends. Don't you see that as being way off. You're not his keeper, or parent.

Why doesn't he have any friends?

Yolofish
    Not just because he doesn't but have any friends like I do genuinely love him. All his friends form school turned into druggos and he doesn't have any interests that have allowed him to gain friends. He has probably 5 or so proper friends but like they're not that close if you know what I mean

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Why doesn't he make any effort, or find new interests?

What does he do in his free time? Do you respect him?

Yolofish
    He sort of does try and get friends and he talks to some but they're not close, he's struggled with making close friends
    He plays soccer but none of his team are his age they're all older so eh
    He plays soccer, and he's studying engineering so he is always thinking of new inventions or designing apps and

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    He should have a life outside of you. This is not healthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Really need advice on this situation with my Ex-Girlfriend
Weíre both 32 and been together for 6 years. We both committed many mistakes during the last period of the relationship, and we lived
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
should i unblock my ex
My ex and I have been together for 3 years. we broke up on July and since then he blocked me for solid two months from everywhere. Until on September
Dumped at the worst time in my life
Was with this girl for 2 years long distance after we met while she studied abroad at my university. It was first love, relationship, first
She told me I am the man she wants
My story goes like this. Letís give names, my ex girlfriend is Clover, and there is this guy Bob. Bob and Clover knew each other since high school
Going through a rough time
My ex of almost three years just ended it last Tuesday, he has always had problems with my drive and ambition and this is not the first time he has

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice