Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Toxic relationship

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1

    Toxic relationship

    I have been living with my boyfriend for 3 years and the relationship has grown toxic. We argue a lot most of the time about simple things like him not wanting us on social media pictures together and his child not coming around because her mom won't allow her to in which he allows. Last night we argued because I didn't feel like having sex in which I worked 12 hours mostly every argument ends with a break up because he wants to leave and pack up almost an every week thing. Which has taken me through so much emotional wear and tear my trust now is zero mainly because of it. Tonight he had already explained we were breaking up in which I have had enough of, so he comes in saying he is about to pack up but needs to take a bath. My question was why not take a bath wherever your going if you're leaving? He got loud and hostile saying he paid bills last month in which he only pays a few bills and starts calling me mfs in front of my kids so we argued and I told him it was very disrespectful to do that in front of them he continued on to talk ugly me standing up for myself continued on as well now he's sleep in my bed saying he's going to leave tomorrow. I'm just tired of this I feel hopeless for another relationship because he has taken me through hell, not to mention I lost a baby at 37 weeks in January. How do I get past all of this?

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,888
    Be done with this already. I just don't understand why you continue with this drama. It is also very harmful to you kids to watch all of this.

    I am sorry for the loss of your child. I strongly suggest that you get counseling to deal with the loss of the baby, as well as help you get rid of this guy.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    41
    I'm sorry for the loss of your child. This sounds incredibly painful.

    My partner is constantly threatening to dump me/will dump me and then change his mind.
    He will then act like the victim when I call him on it. It sounds like you are in the same situation but much harder as you guys live together and have children.

    The relationship is dead, and it's dangerous and harmful to your children. Dump him and make him leave. Take charge and ends things yourself otherwise this may continue forever.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,888
    Originally Posted by AlexLee
    I'm sorry for the loss of your child. This sounds incredibly painful.

    My partner is constantly threatening to dump me/will dump me and then change his mind.
    He will then act like the victim when I call him on it. It sounds like you are in the same situation but much harder as you guys live together and have children.

    The relationship is dead, and it's dangerous and harmful to your children. Dump him and make him leave. Take charge and ends things yourself otherwise this may continue forever.
    Shouldn't you take your own advice.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    41
    Advice is easier to give then to take.

  7. #6
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,888
    Originally Posted by AlexLee
    Advice is easier to give then to take.
    That's a choice. Get off of the hamster wheel.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    41
    I take it you've never been in this type of situation?

  9. #8
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,888
    Originally Posted by AlexLee
    I take it you've never been in this type of situation?
    Constant drama, cheating and multiple break ups. No! It's not healthy and has no future. The only reason that one would continue with this type of mess, is because they are emotionally unavailable, and hooked on chaos.

    You are not helpless, and you know that it isn't working, but you choose to continue. This is not love.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    41
    You don't know me. You just stalked my posts.

    I was responding to the poster of this post. Do not being my business into it.

    You have absolutely no idea how love works for everyone else.

  11. #10
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,888
    Originally Posted by AlexLee
    You don't know me. You just stalked my posts.

    I was responding to the poster of this post. Do not being my business into it.

    You have absolutely no idea how love works for everyone else.
    I go but what I have read. And yes, I remember your thread. This is a public forum.

    The type of relationship you speak of, is not love. Love includes trust, loyalty, fidelity, honesty and respect.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 09-08-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •