Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toxic relationship

sweet185

Toxic relationship

I have been living with my boyfriend for 3 years and the relationship has grown toxic. We argue a lot most of the time about simple things like him not wanting us on social media pictures together and his child not coming around because her mom won't allow her to in which he allows. Last night we argued because I didn't feel like having sex in which I worked 12 hours mostly every argument ends with a break up because he wants to leave and pack up almost an every week thing. Which has taken me through so much emotional wear and tear my trust now is zero mainly because of it. Tonight he had already explained we were breaking up in which I have had enough of, so he comes in saying he is about to pack up but needs to take a bath. My question was why not take a bath wherever your going if you're leaving? He got loud and hostile saying he paid bills last month in which he only pays a few bills and starts calling me mfs in front of my kids so we argued and I told him it was very disrespectful to do that in front of them he continued on to talk ugly me standing up for myself continued on as well now he's sleep in my bed saying he's going to leave tomorrow. I'm just tired of this I feel hopeless for another relationship because he has taken me through hell, not to mention I lost a baby at 37 weeks in January. How do I get past all of this?

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Be done with this already. I just don't understand why you continue with this drama. It is also very harmful to you kids to watch all of this.

I am sorry for the loss of your child. I strongly suggest that you get counseling to deal with the loss of the baby, as well as help you get rid of this guy.

3. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    AlexLee
    I'm sorry for the loss of your child. This sounds incredibly painful.

My partner is constantly threatening to dump me/will dump me and then change his mind.
    He will then act like the victim when I call him on it. It sounds like you are in the same situation but much harder as you guys live together and have children.

The relationship is dead, and it's dangerous and harmful to your children. Dump him and make him leave. Take charge and ends things yourself otherwise this may continue forever.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLee [Register to see the link]
    I'm sorry for the loss of your child. This sounds incredibly painful.

My partner is constantly threatening to dump me/will dump me and then change his mind.
    He will then act like the victim when I call him on it. It sounds like you are in the same situation but much harder as you guys live together and have children.

The relationship is dead, and it's dangerous and harmful to your children. Dump him and make him leave. Take charge and ends things yourself otherwise this may continue forever.
    Shouldn't you take your own advice.

AlexLee
    Advice is easier to give then to take.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Advice is easier to give then to take.
    That's a choice. Get off of the hamster wheel.

AlexLee
    I take it you've never been in this type of situation?

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    I take it you've never been in this type of situation?
    Constant drama, cheating and multiple break ups. No! It's not healthy and has no future. The only reason that one would continue with this type of mess, is because they are emotionally unavailable, and hooked on chaos.

You are not helpless, and you know that it isn't working, but you choose to continue. This is not love.

AlexLee
    You don't know me. You just stalked my posts.

I was responding to the poster of this post. Do not being my business into it.

You have absolutely no idea how love works for everyone else.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You don't know me. You just stalked my posts.

I was responding to the poster of this post. Do not being my business into it.

You have absolutely no idea how love works for everyone else.
    I go but what I have read. And yes, I remember your thread. This is a public forum.

The type of relationship you speak of, is not love. Love includes trust, loyalty, fidelity, honesty and respect.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 09-08-2017 at 04:44 AM.

12. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
I have a great boyfriend but sometimes I am rude to him
Hi Enotalone, I've been dating an amazing man since February. I feel very lucky to be with him. He's kind, handsome, smart, communicative, the
Should I ask for my furniture & t.v. back?
I have a long thread about my recent breakup. Ex continually lied to me, kept in touch with multiple exGF's, always placed blame elsewhere (it was
What would you say is a typical reaction in such a scenario?
So imagine in the heat of a crazy fight, the guy gets carried away and says to his girlfriend, "have you looked in the mirror?" (implying that she is
Was I justified to be annoyed?
I am nearly 8 years married, mostly happy and have no reason to question or doubt my relationship. Over the weekend, I found a text message from
He (22 m) says that he's not my (22 f) top priority and I forget about him all of the time. Help?
Alright so I want to preface this with that I'm aware that my boyfriend is probably being pretty emotionally manipulative in this but just hear me
Is there any hope for me.
Hello all- My boyfriend and I have been together for what is coming up on two years, at least until last Friday night. We rarely argue, and
Boyfriend won't acknowledge my accomplishments and feelings, tricks me into thinking im wrong
I've been in a relationship with this guy for about 6 months now. He is an artist and paints, pretty well actually. I am also an artist and do fine

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
College DRAMA??
*** This is the very FIRST WEEK ***College" as in NOT university- We're all 18 (ish) and live with parents**** Basically, the majority of the
Rude?
I took a girl out for dinner and drinks and didn't get a thank you. And was ghosted mid convo after the date. Now that I'm getting over the
On a dating site...just 2 weeks after break up
Can anyone shine some light on this.... 2 weeks after she dumped me, she is on Match...We were together for 2 .5 years...She dumped me once, then
Are we breaking up? How to act around him?
Hello, I have a problem to which I can't find a solution by myself and would love some advice! Here is the short story: 6 months ago I went to
Caught my partner of 20 years speaking to other men
I have been with my partner for 20 yrs this year,we have a16 he old son together .I love him so much,recently I was online and I found an email from
Am I dating the right guy at the wrong time?
Hi everyone. So..recently I've felt anxious and questioned the strength of my relationship and I'm not entirely sure why. I don't have any reason
Hello everyone tips / advice needed
Thank you everyone for the advice
Ask For Advice