Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Violated Trust

pem830

Violated Trust

I saw a woman's name I didn't know with a winky face next to it in my bf's texts and I felt suspicious. I took the slimy route and looked at their messages and he's furious. Saying this is as bad as an affair and that he'll never trust me again. I'm heartbroken and feeling hopeless. Last we spoke he was so angry and said he needed space to calm down. How can I possibly proceed?

j.man
    Did you find anything worthwhile?

I'd be lying if I said I'd dump my fiancee first offense if I found out she'd been snooping, but if we weren't engaged, I wouldn't hesitate. It'd still definitely be a gigantic blight were I discover she did so right now, though.

That said, if you did discover something to make the violation "worth it," I'd react accordingly without letting him deflect by throwing stones over going through his phone.

mustlovedogs
    Did you have a reason not to trust him pre winky?

SherrySher
    Yeah, I mean if he is cheating then he is trying to shift blame onto you. He would be far more in the wrong here.

SherrySher
    pre winky

Sorry, it just sounded funny

ThatwasThen
    By not letting him turn this around on you or deflecting so that YOU feel guilty when he's been shady. I don't like snooping either but if there is a reason to snoop, and if you're going to do it, then you should have the wear-with-all to talk to him about what you found. You did but unfortunately, you allowed him to deflect blame back to you instead of redirecting the conversation back to why he's having flirty texts with or from other women.

Were the messages enough to give you proof that he's cheating or leading up to it?
    How long have the two of you dated?
    What other gas-lighting and/or deflecting does he do on you if any?
    What made you check his phone in the first place?

mustlovedogs
    Woah I'm surprised at the reactions here. Winky texts are immediately flirty regardless of context?

If that's his biggest offense then OP is definitely in the wrong.

ThatwasThen
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    Woah I'm surprised at the reactions here. Winky texts are immediately flirty regardless of context?

If that's his biggest offense then OP is definitely in the wrong.
    We shall see what the context of said "winky" texts are. Op has yet to answer the questions.

pem830

He and I have been together for two years, with a short break for a few months. The woman is a coworker of his. They exchanged sexual texts while we were apart, then things changed a bit once we got back together, still slightly past my comfort zone but better.

pem830

I should add that SHE is married. Which makes me question his boundaries for sure. I asked how he'd feel if we were married and another man was talking to me like that.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
About to End a 4 year relationship from a disrespectful action. I can't take this anymore!
I've been with my soon to be ex-Fiance for over 4 years. His brother has a woman now his wife who has had a thing for him for years. She has spread
How to prove i never cheated on him...
So my boyfriend and i are having some issues, I'm deeply in love with him and he loves me too however he does not completely trust me. We have been
She broke up because she doesn't trust me , but loves me
Hey, So here's our relationship summed up a bit. We have been together for a year and almost 3 months now. We broke up a few times there , but
Once a cheater always a cheater?
I know it is not black and white. There are times when it’s not applicable at all. But what do you all think or experienced? If someone was cheating
My bf lie to me about his smoking habbit
Me and my bf has been together from 8 years. We are truly in love with each other and committed to get married. I am also involves in his family and
I don’t know if he is genuinely sorry?
He suffers from manic depression and before we dated was trapped in a mindset of “no consequences”. I come from a damaged past and he helped me feel
I messed things up bad and don't want to lose a good man
I don't know what is wrong with me. I met a wonderful man. Some months into the relationship, things started going south. Yeah, he cheated. But

Featured Threads
Moving in together with my almost one year boyfriend but one big issue
Dear All, I haven't been back here for a while now. I have decided to post here instead than in the "pets" section, because I didn't want to
Back from the holidays: waiting for him to contact me
I am back form my holidays. I went away three weeks. We had two great dates before I went away. During the holidays we texted a few times, the
Should I do it?
Maybe it’s because I’m such a nostalgic person, It’s going to be a full year since our breakup las January. I still think about her every f*cking day
He chose his lodgers side so I broke up with him but still love him
I just broke up with my boyfriend of one year because 4 months ago he let a friend move into his house with him she asked him ,and in turn he asked
Feeling unsure after 4 years and before marriage
Me and my fiancé are together for 4 years now, both in our mid 30s, had an engagement not long ago. We live in [B]MY [/B] apartment. I feel
Broke up with gf
So back story 4 months into the relationship. She knows about while she hasn't met my friends she knows of them. I know not much about her past. I
Girlfriend having abortion and says she needs time to herself. What do I do?
Hello, this is my first post in this forum and I am struggling and need a lot of help. 2 weeks ago my girlfriend found out she was pregnant, we are
Ask For Advice