Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Violated Trust

pem830

Violated Trust

I saw a woman's name I didn't know with a winky face next to it in my bf's texts and I felt suspicious. I took the slimy route and looked at their messages and he's furious. Saying this is as bad as an affair and that he'll never trust me again. I'm heartbroken and feeling hopeless. Last we spoke he was so angry and said he needed space to calm down. How can I possibly proceed?

j.man
    Did you find anything worthwhile?

I'd be lying if I said I'd dump my fiancee first offense if I found out she'd been snooping, but if we weren't engaged, I wouldn't hesitate. It'd still definitely be a gigantic blight were I discover she did so right now, though.

That said, if you did discover something to make the violation "worth it," I'd react accordingly without letting him deflect by throwing stones over going through his phone.

mustlovedogs
    Did you have a reason not to trust him pre winky?

4. Thanks ThatwasThen, lostandhurt thanked for this post
    SherrySher
    Yeah, I mean if he is cheating then he is trying to shift blame onto you. He would be far more in the wrong here.

6. Thanks ThatwasThen, melancholy123, Lisii thanked for this post
    SherrySher
    pre winky

Sorry, it just sounded funny

8. Thanks mustlovedogs, melancholy123, Liraele thanked for this post
    ThatwasThen
    By not letting him turn this around on you or deflecting so that YOU feel guilty when he's been shady. I don't like snooping either but if there is a reason to snoop, and if you're going to do it, then you should have the wear-with-all to talk to him about what you found. You did but unfortunately, you allowed him to deflect blame back to you instead of redirecting the conversation back to why he's having flirty texts with or from other women.

Were the messages enough to give you proof that he's cheating or leading up to it?
    How long have the two of you dated?
    What other gas-lighting and/or deflecting does he do on you if any?
    What made you check his phone in the first place?

10. Thanks SherrySher, melancholy123 thanked for this post
    mustlovedogs
    Woah I'm surprised at the reactions here. Winky texts are immediately flirty regardless of context?

If that's his biggest offense then OP is definitely in the wrong.

12. Thanks Lisii thanked for this post
    ThatwasThen
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    Woah I'm surprised at the reactions here. Winky texts are immediately flirty regardless of context?

If that's his biggest offense then OP is definitely in the wrong.
    We shall see what the context of said "winky" texts are. Op has yet to answer the questions.

pem830

He and I have been together for two years, with a short break for a few months. The woman is a coworker of his. They exchanged sexual texts while we were apart, then things changed a bit once we got back together, still slightly past my comfort zone but better.

pem830

I should add that SHE is married. Which makes me question his boundaries for sure. I asked how he'd feel if we were married and another man was talking to me like that.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
I Think My Wife Lied to Me, How to Get Over It.
This may seem like a small issue to some but for me a lie is one of the hardest things for me to deal with (from past experience)...see below. My
Should I trust he is not going to lie again?
Apologies this is a long story. So I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 9 months. We were very happy together no major problems apart
Was I wrong?
So my boyfriend of 7 years decided to leave me two weeks ago, because I confronted him about something that was really bothering me. The weekend
I am confused
I am not sure it's related to this section or not. I desperately need help, I am very confused. I am dating a cute girl more than a month now. I
My mom is way to strict
My mom is the strictest person in the world. If i want to go out with friends I have to go through a "process" first. My room has to be clean fro a
Please help...Im looking for unbiased opinions on my situation to try and figure out what to do next
Ok so im a 20 year old English girl. I was previously in a 3 year long relationship with a guy who treated me like a queen. If anything he was too
Past behavior i didn't know
Hey guys. Im having problems with my wife in terms of sexual activities. The problem started when we had sex and her v#gina was too tight and the

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
College DRAMA??
*** This is the very FIRST WEEK ***College" as in NOT university- We're all 18 (ish) and live with parents**** Basically, the majority of the
Rude?
I took a girl out for dinner and drinks and didn't get a thank you. And was ghosted mid convo after the date. Now that I'm getting over the
On a dating site...just 2 weeks after break up
Can anyone shine some light on this.... 2 weeks after she dumped me, she is on Match...We were together for 2 .5 years...She dumped me once, then
Are we breaking up? How to act around him?
Hello, I have a problem to which I can't find a solution by myself and would love some advice! Here is the short story: 6 months ago I went to
Caught my partner of 20 years speaking to other men
I have been with my partner for 20 yrs this year,we have a16 he old son together .I love him so much,recently I was online and I found an email from
Am I dating the right guy at the wrong time?
Hi everyone. So..recently I've felt anxious and questioned the strength of my relationship and I'm not entirely sure why. I don't have any reason
Hello everyone tips / advice needed
Thank you everyone for the advice
Ask For Advice