I need desperate help-my girlfriends rapist is back

dantheman921

ok, so my current girlfriend was abused, sexually abused, and raped by her old boyfriend. we just entered year 9 (tenth grade in america) and he apparantely returns to school tommorow. i have tried everything to cheer her up but she is still depressed to this day. upon hearing the news she broke down into tears. I need help! what do i do? no one knows about the rape or abuse but me, him and her! please help me

Btw, I have been sexually assaulted as a teenager and I do understand the feelings of shame and guilt and fear . But no one can help her unless she goes to someone she trusts and tells them what happened.

Can't speak for OP but my mother was raped when she was 14/15 by an older man. They were coworkers. He invited her home to hang out and when she got there, he forced her down and raped her. Her parents never found out and my mother was scared to tell them because she worried that they would be upset with her for going over to his house in the first place. My grandparents went to their graves never knowing the truth.

It is really sad that shame/guilt on the victim side can keep them from seeking help.

Can't speak for OP but my mother was raped when she was 14/15 by an older man. They were coworkers. He invited her home to hang out and when she got there, he forced her down and raped her. Her parents never found out and my mother was scared to tell them because she worried that they would be upset with her for going over to his house in the first place. My grandparents went to their graves never knowing the truth.

It is really sad that shame/guilt on the victim side can keep them from seeking help.

Absolutely keeps millions and millions from seeking help. But that is how these s get away with it .

Archived