Anybody?! Who can help me out.

Elavohra

I don't get it. In theory, you're sleeping and awake the same or a similar amount of hours. Why do you have to wake up before 6:30 to be productive? But I mean if you're insisting on it, the simplest solution is to try to inch your bed time earlier each night.

Really, though, unless your life actually demands it such as for work or something, I'd stick to the circadian rhythm that gets you a comfortable and healthy amount of sleep.

Guys, guys! I set my Alarm but I miss it everyday and wonder how the hell, I missed it!

I am actually a lazy person, I sleep a lot and now I have begun to gain weight as well.

So I want to push myself, be tough on myself.

It's not that you sleep, but the quality of your sleep or rather lack of. What you describe kind of concerns me in that you might be sleeping a lot and also gaining weight because the quality of your sleep is not good for whatever reason. Thing with that is you aren't going to be aware that there is a problem with your sleep.

Things you can do to help is eat dinner early. Don't eat before bed time. Avoid sugar and caffeine in the afternoon. Exercise regularly so you are actually physically tired at night. Remove all electronics from your bedroom and make sure it's dark when you are going to bed, no lights of any kind.

Definitely switch up the alarm tone. It's easy to tune out something you are used to. However, if all of this doesn't help, you might want to go to sleep clinic and see what's actually going on.

It's not that you sleep, but the quality of your sleep or rather lack of. What you describe kind of concerns me in that you might be sleeping a lot and also gaining weight because the quality of your sleep is not good for whatever reason. Thing with that is you aren't going to be aware that there is a problem with your sleep.

Things you can do to help is eat dinner early. Don't eat before bed time. Avoid sugar and caffeine in the afternoon. Exercise regularly so you are actually physically tired at night. Remove all electronics from your bedroom and make sure it's dark when you are going to bed, no lights of any kind.

Definitely switch up the alarm tone. It's easy to tune out something you are used to. However, if all of this doesn't help, you might want to go to sleep clinic and see what's actually going on.

Okay, let me follow your advice and I shall soon let you know my progress regarding that.

I had to start going to sleep earlier because of my son's school schedule starting 3 years ago (I have to set my alarm for 6). So, I ate dinner earlier (around 6 instead of closer to 8), ate only a light snack before bed, didn't drink a lot before bed, and I try to stop all screen time (other than having the tv on as background) by 8pm). Sometimes I text up until 9 pm but try not to. I do like waking up early because I'm a morning person and by 7:20am after my son's bus arrives I am on the treadmill for my workout and done with exercise and breakfast by 8:30am. On the weekends he still wakes up around 6. I try to be in bed before 10:30 and sometimes before 10. Between 9:30 and 10 I read a magazine, watch the news ,etc in a rocking chair as my wind down time. That's also when my husband and I talk but I try not to have really intense convos at that time. And I use lavender oil and a sleep mask.

I believe in learning through pleasure, not pain. Most helpful for me is to skip rolling out of bed straight for a shower or anything else that's laborious. Instead, I reward myself with a pattern of things that I ENJOY doing--like brewing great coffee while watering my plants. Then I'll take a cup to my computer and read, game or post for a bit while running the TV on my favorite home improvement shows or something else that's light and inspiring.

I also drink a lot of water before sleep so I'm primed to need my bathroom as soon as the alarm rings. Once there I begin a pre-rinse on my teeth, so next step is to begin brushing rather than heading back into bed. As I brush I'm inspired to get out to my garden, but I won't let myself go there until I've put coffee on.

All of this bribes me with enjoyment and pleasure. Once I've 'played' a bit, I work in stretching, some chores, some exercise, then a shower.

Give yourself a reasonable amount of calendar time for your clock to reset as you bribe yourself with nothing but enjoyment in the mornings. Over time, the early hours will become more natural, and then you can spend less time on play, more on getting stuff done, and eventually, even more on cutting your play time to get into work early if you so desire.

Archived