Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: When does it count as attention seeking?

When does it count as attention seeking?

I have no reason to hurt myself. I am not diagnosed with any mental health issues (If they tested I am sure they'd find a few though, they usually do.) But I just really like doing it. I like the way scars look and I like the way cuts look. Its not like I really want the pain but I don't mind it and i hate that i have to do it in places that get covered up becase if anyone found out like they did last time I'd be put in therapy which would be awkward because i don't need it. There is no hidden trauma or overwhelming feelings. I just like it. I like the way blood and scars look. Like a story on my skin.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by undia
    I have no reason to hurt myself. I am not diagnosed with any mental health issues (If they tested I am sure they'd find a few though, they usually do.) But I just really like doing it. I like the way scars look and I like the way cuts look. Its not like I really want the pain but I don't mind it and i hate that i have to do it in places that get covered up becase if anyone found out like they did last time I'd be put in therapy which would be awkward because i don't need it. There is no hidden trauma or overwhelming feelings. I just like it.

I like the way blood and scars look. Like a story on my skin.
    Okay, so what's the "story" you want people to see and know about?

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Okay, so what's the "story" you want people to see and know about?
    i guess i means that i will always know it is my skin. i have distinguishing marks so i know its mine. Like art. I don't need others to see just knowing its there makes me feel happier

i guess i means that i will always know it is my skin. i have distinguishing marks so i know its mine. Like art. I don't need others to see just knowing its there makes me feel happier
    This strikes me as a bit of a mental disorder.

Platinum Member
    Since you enjoy creating art on your skin, have you considered tattoos?

Infinitely safer.

You won't need to cover them up either and you can tell your story without questions or judgment.

Just a thought. With cutting you may eventually do some very serious damage to your skin, if you haven't already.

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    This strikes me as a bit of a mental disorder.
    I thought so too. OP, maybe time for you to go back for more therapy to help you figure out what is going on.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice