FirstDates

I was the one to contact first. His responses are constantly within 12-24. In his first response he said he was open to getting to know me. We have traded messages back and forth on messenger and on Saturday he asked if I wanted to meet for coffee. I explained that the specifics he suggested didn't work but that I did want to meet him. I asked a few questions in this same message (related to his previous message) and threw out a very general idea of my availability. It is going on 2 days with no response...

Help! Did I ask too much at once--overwhelm him? Maybe he is needing more time to process? Am I stressing for nothing? I would not be conserned if I hadn't offer another date option. Maybe I overstepped things! I just didn't want him to think I was rejecting him completely!

Help Thanks!

By 'specifics', do you mean day and time? Location?

My suggestion would be to stop stressing and perhaps send a follow up message, but just one. 'Hey, you still keen to meet up?' And then leave it at that.

There are about a million different things that could have happened, including meteor strike. If you don't get a response, then leave it.

By 'specifics', do you mean day and time? Location?

My suggestion would be to stop stressing and perhaps send a follow up message, but just one. 'Hey, you still keen to meet up?' And then leave it at that.

There are about a million different things that could have happened, including meteor strike. If you don't get a response, then leave it.

Yes, it was would have been logical for me to grab coffee on my way back from holidays but I was road tripping with a bunch of other people and it would have made things uncomfortable and high pressure for me! Especially as a first meet!

I have always thought it was too needy to email back the way you mention --maybe even stifling to a man. I could be wrong but I thought that giving space was how to handle gaps. I don't want to appear overly eager at this early stage!

Yes, it was would have been logical for me to grab coffee on my way back from holidays but I was road tripping with a bunch of other people and it would have made things uncomfortable and high pressure for me! Especially as a first meet!

I have always thought it was too needy to email back the way you mention --maybe even stifling to a man. I could be wrong but I thought that giving space was how to handle gaps. I don't want to appear overly eager at this early stage!

Why would he feel stifled? It's an email. You didn't show up on his door with a list of options or something. He asked you first, you explained why that didn't work, and offered up something else. He doesn't need space to process that.

That doesn't mean there aren't other legitimate reasons he hasn't replied yet, but I don't see why you'd automatically assume it's because of something you did. In other words- chill, girl.

Yes, fair enough, the timing was not right. I think you were right to suggest an alternative.

As for the followup, I think it all depends on the content of the message. If it's short and sharp, just a follow up, then I don't forsee any adverse feelings from it.

I used to throw away this 'too eager' rule. If I liked a girl after the first date or meeting, I would often send a message the next day and not wait the three or four days I was supposed to wait. My message wouldn't be too deep or engaging, but friendly 'Hey I enjoyed meeting you.' If sending a message too early was enough for a girl to flip out and think I was too eager, then she wasn't the right one for me.

Give him a go, if you still don't hear anything write it off and forget about him.

Why would he feel stifled? It's an email. You didn't show up on his door with a list of options or something. He asked you first, you explained why that didn't work, and offered up something else. He doesn't need space to process that.

That doesn't mean there aren't other legitimate reasons he hasn't replied yet, but I don't see why you'd automatically assume it's because of something you did. In other words- chill, girl.

Thanks Miss Canuck,

I actually laughed out loud at the front door comment!

I will chill! Thanks I needed that!

Archived