LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it rude to ask for the gifts you gave your ex back

Platinum Member
    So you would have kept the 450 pound gift if he sent it to you? It's pretty hypocritical and petty to ask for the gifts you gave him back on this basis. Why waste money getting a lawyer. I know you're hurt but I would let it go. There's no good reason to drag this out.

I would let it go. Seriously, it's just way too much drama and way too petty to be wasting so much time and energy on.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Virallad
    My ex and I broke up for more than a month now. He bought me a gift which was worth 450 pounds so I asked for it as I left it at his place. He initially agreed to send it. 5 days later he blocked me everywhere and didn't return my emails about my stuff yet. I spoke with his mother who live abroad she said he might be afraid of closure but I find it he is doing it to hurt me more

So I'm planning to ask him for the phone and the laptop I bought him which totals over 1450 pounds. If he refuses to send me the things he bought me shouldn't he send me the things I bought him

I am planning to have a letter of demand (letter before action) to be sent by a solicitor but do you think it's a good idea as I want to have peace with him
    If you bought him a phone and laptop, cancel service on the phone if you pay for it -- but honestly, if you bought it for him as a gift you should let it go.

As far as the gift to you -- did he buy it recently (if it already had been given to you in the past - why would you have to ask him to send it to you?"

Platinum Member
    You're kinda a hypocrite. Also what you gave him was a gift, so don't be petty with getting a lawyer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice