Boyfriend doesn't seem interested in sex anymore

MummaK10

So I've been with my partner for almost 6 years (We had a bit of a break in between) but got back together just over two years ago. We have an 8 month old baby. We have always had a good sex life, before we had our baby we never really left the honeymoon side of the sexual relationship (we were very sexual always). And he always seemed to want to/try it on with me. Since we had our baby he just doesn't seem interested. He works long long hours, and obviously having a baby is exhausting for me too, but I always feel like he doesn't take advantage of any opportunities to 'do it'. Since having my baby my body has changed and if I didn't feel self conscious enough already, the lack of sex and affection is making me even more insecure as I used to be very image based, always had my hair and makeup done and felt good. I don't know what to do or say to him as I've mentioned it before and it's made no difference. Any advice or any other mums that have had the same problems? Would be much appreciated. Thank you xo

Well, I'm not a mum but the way I see it there's two possibilities:

1. If you've stretched out down there after having the baby, it might not feel as tight for him anymore.

2. Having the baby might make him see you as more of a madonna than woman, meaning the Madonna- Complex.

If he was uninterested in sex from the beginning, sure, it's the way he is but suddenly and after a baby? Hm!

Are you making any advances to him? Try turning wearing something sexy, or telling him having the baby makes you horny, or say something else that makes our tiny, reptilian male brains light up. He may have some false information in his mind about recent mothers that is worry him, or perhaps he doesn't want to have another accidental baby. If he turns you down, it might be an opportunity to talk about this problem if you do it in a non-judgmental way.

Archived