How much of your dating life can you have influence on?;/

NatalieGon

Hey y'all.. So I'm one of those girls who are totally clueless when it comes to noticing if a guy likes you or not.. and yeah, I've been on both sides... I also have a lot of guy friends, and sometimes i see these girls who are maybe not the prettiest type, but they're super confident, they're out there and they're going after what they want. The funny part is that I always hear guys complaining about them, oh, they're annoying etc etc, but then they still fall in love with them because they had "certain something"... and girls like me- who are a bit silly, goofy/smart & more girly-girl- are left single and always get dumped.. so obviously, it's not about only the looks.. So I'm thinking, how much of the dating life can you influence? Sometimes I feel like I should be moe confident and more out there as well, but then I feel like maybe I'm just becoming annoying...? how much of yourself can you change/ improve without giving up who you are?

Sorry, just thinking while I'm writing.. just getting so confused about these things.. I know that I need to gain more confidence, but how to find out who you are first...? how to flirt etc without feeling like you're pretending to be someone else...;/

P.S. it's all because there's a man I like and this other girl is a little annoying but she's totally getting him just because she's so forward...

P.S. it's all because there's a man I like and this other girl is a little annoying but she's totally getting him just because she's so forward...

I had a feeling this was personal.

i see these girls who are maybe not the prettiest type, but they're super confident, they're out there and they're going after what they want. The funny part is that I always hear guys complaining about them, oh, they're annoying etc etc, but then they still fall in love with them because they had "certain something"... and girls like me- who are a bit silly, goofy/smart & more girly-girl- are left single and always get dumped.. so obviously, it's not about only the looks..

There was nothing general about this statement. The type of girls men/boys fall for varies so greatly. Same for women/girls. I sense youre young. Guys arent 'always' falling in love with girls like her and guys aren't 'always' dumping girls like you. Please try to avoid this line of thinking, its destructive. This is one guy you like and one girl he seems to be falling for. Being more like her does not mean he will suddenly fall for you. There are many things you can 'influence' when it comes to dating but you can not/ should not, conform to fit someone elses idea of who you should be. Be yourself and you will find someone who appreciates that. You notice this other girls confidence, that goes a LONG way with dating. Work on that and I think everything else will fall into place. Try to move on from this guy.

Archived