We were together 8 years...This hurts like hell.

Eight years in

I was with my fiancé for eight years. One day he decides to put in for a promotion, gets it, moves to another state and breaks up with me. He ended our relationship on April 17th 2017. Two 1/2 months later he is in a new relationship. ? I can't stop hurting, I don't know how to stop hurting, I don't understand what happened. I was blind sided and now I just feel alone and that I just wasn't good enough for him. I'm wondering if I'll be good enough for anyone. I'm not perfect but I have a good heart, a great sense of humor, and I'm intelligent. I'm average looking, not a beauty queen or anything. It feels like guys only go for drop dead gorgeous women. It doesn't help that I'm in my mid 40's.

I know I'm ranting, but this is the first time I've gotten everything out.

You're not alone. I think a lot of eight-year partners showed their colors this year.

Be clear-sighted. That is one of the ways you will stop hurting. Something was showing where this partner was dishonest or lacked integrity. Not just toward you, but in general.

I'm not saying to find reasons to hate -- but just see clearly. For right now, this character was not going to be good for you or for your future. I know that's oversimplifying but sometimes to get out of the deep hurting, that's how to do it. Be clear. Trust that this is right and for a good reason.

Cry your heart out and write it endlessly in a paper journal; that's one way to keep turning the pages as you continue to make sense of this bad surprise. Write it here for answers from all angles, but write it privately too, because some of the very best wisdom will come directly from you.

I am in between emotional roads with my own situation, but I wanted to tell you hello and welcome, and hang in there. (((HUGS)))

I'm wondering if I'll be good enough for anyone. I'm not perfect but I have a good heart, a great sense of humor, and I'm intelligent. I'm average looking, not a beauty queen or anything.

I know these thoughts well. Just wanted to say I'd hug you if I could. Time heals all wounds and you will find someone you deserve.

from my experts advice. Go and take your time and find one good Guy again. time is important, don't waste too many minutes of thinking about the past because the your guy could be much better overall. another thing. before you going to make a commitment to accept your new guy - better find a reason why this new guy can made your life better?

So sorry you are hurting. Wish I would have the answers. Was blindsided myself after 17 years a couple of months ago. One book I can recommend that helped me a little bit is "It's called a breakup because it was broken"

The other suggestion someone gave me is to each day write down 3 things you are grateful for in your life and 3 things that could be worse than your breakup.

Sending you a big hug and know you are not alone.

So sorry you are hurting. Wish I would have the answers. Was blindsided myself after 17 years a couple of months ago. One book I can recommend that helped me a little bit is "It's called a breakup because it was broken"

The other suggestion someone gave me is to each day write down 3 things you are grateful for in your life and 3 things that could be worse than your breakup.

Sending you a big hug and know you are not alone.

Thank you for that advice, I will use it and see if it helps me. Sending you a big hug as well.

Archived