Me and a girl that lives roughly 8 miles away have met on a dating site. We are both in similar positions, She broke up with her ex 3 months ago and me on a similar time scale with mine.

We hit it off straight away, constantly messaging, phone calls for hours, constantly sending pictures to each other. 2 days after chatting we both removed ourselves from this dating app. We have similar personalities, hobbies, We both have little boys at a similar age. She said she feels happy again and everyone has noticed, and she is constantly smiling.

We have arranged to meet in 4 weeks as we feel it's a good time to get to know each other properly, and also to move on from our past relationships. We have both said that we feel weird, like butterflies in the stomach, feelings that we can't explain. I am well and truly smitten with her, and she has said she is besotted with me.

I'm falling for this girl badly, and it's not as if I am young and clueless with this kind of thing, I'm 34 and she is 32. I've never felt like this before with any of my past relationships. I miss her even though she has not been here and visa versa.

Has anybody else felt this before? Should i be wary? I feel like I don't want to wait 4 weeks and just walk into her work 1 day with a big bunch of flowers. Any advise would be appreciated.

Just because she is local. Neither of us drive, well not yet. I am in the middle of moving house and it's the summer holidays so her child is off school at the moment which means she has less free time. We thought 4 weeks chatting and getting to know each other was a good boundary from the start. Who knows could be less time eventually. My question more was has anyone ever felt like this just from talking to someone, no physical contact???

It is easy to understand why you are hopeful. Everything seems to be a go so far. Still....you have not actually met. So, I would meet up sooner than 4 weeks from now if you can. I would not work into her work with flowers. You want the first meet up to be one on one. When you see her you may be physically attracted to her as well and she may be attracted to you also. It is good to be hopeful, but be cautious. I would plan a very nice first date. Have fun! chi

• 2 weeks later...

I felt a connection with my latest love at first talk. I was chatting with another guy didn't feel a connection but he had a lot of good things about him. Than a guy from my online dating past reappeared and instant connection. Were are long distance but I'll be seeing him in about 4 weeks when he returns from deployment. My family even approves of him.

Archived