Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being replaced

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Austin125
    I have been replaced in a very short amount of time. Has anyone else dealt with being replaced so quickly after being dumped? What happened and did you ever get any closure? Me and my ex were together 2 1/2 years, but it had become stale and we never sat down and talked about how to fix us.
    You are the first person ever to have gone thru this.. Just kidding, this happens every day.

Its simple. You two wanted to different things. She wants a marriage and family and you didn't. Whats there to talk about or 'fix'?

Your friends are being supportive by saying "you dodged a bullet" but I think in reality, you two were on different paths and at this point in your life you were not ready to give her what she wanted. Or maybe she wasn't the one that you wanted to marry. Lets be honest here, she had to say "Crap or get off the pot" for you to propose.

There is nothing wrong with you or her, no fault or blame to go around. You two dated, had fun, made memories but the relationship came to a fork in the road, and you two wanted different things. Tell me, at any time did you ever say "Why cant things be the same way as they are now?"

She is happy, and youll find someone who is more in line with what you want.

I did want marriage and family, I was about to propose to her. We talked as if it was what was going to be. She ran when we got in a rut and started bickering from communication issues. I did want all of that with her and soon.

Platinum Member
    I did want marriage and family, I was about to propose to her. We talked as if it was what was going to be. She ran when we got in a rut and started bickering from communication issues. I did want all of that with her and soon.
    Then why didn't you propose earlier? What was there to work out prior to proposing? Why not propose, then work out the details? Im just trying to look at things from her end. I think there is more to the story then what was posted. Im thinking she didn't want to force you and it would seemed forced or you needed to be convinced that marrying her was what you were supposed to do and not what you wanted to do. Just my two cents.

She knew I wanted to be financially stable beforehand. I was in the process of choosing a career path, which I did a few days after she left. She was mad that I had done all the things she wanted me to do after she left. So there it is I guess.

Basically I screwed up.

Platinum Member
    She knew I wanted to be financially stable beforehand. I was in the process of choosing a career path, which I did a few days after she left. She was mad that I had done all the things she wanted me to do after she left. So there it is I guess.
    I wanted to wait until "I was financially stable" is always a good reason to tell someone a good reason why you don't want to propose. Heard it, and used it myself. But if you were dirt poor and you really wanted to marry her, you would of.

If you didn't want to marry her then you didn't want to marry her. Its okay. She wasn't the one for you. There is no reason to say you screwed up. I know it hurts but in the end this is best for you and for her. She is looking or has found someone who is more aligned with her plans and you will find someone who is more with yours. Its going to be painful but this is really a blessing.

Its how life goes sometimes.

So she contacted me yesterday. She said she had my stuff packed at the old house. She also asked about my grandmother who is having health problems. Now she wants to go visit my grandmother next week. Why?

Platinum Member
    So she contacted me yesterday. She said she had my stuff packed at the old house. She also asked about my grandmother who is having health problems. Now she wants to go visit my grandmother next week. Why?
    Could be many reasons why and there is a chance she might not know why. So you will go crazy trying to figure that out. Focus on the moment and not the reason behind it. You are single, she is not dating you anymore and you will move on. You are going to be just fine.

I'm fine with it. Not overthinking it at all, just curious that she would want to visit when she wasn't super close with her. I already know I will be the subject of of conversation at some point. She does like my grandmother a lot so I am cool with it. I've asked some girls that I know what it means, and they said she was just trying to find an excuse to talk to me. Understandable considering I have been in no contact and we had an undeniable connection while we were together. Either way I haven't and will not let it bother me. She is welcome to visit with her as far as I am concerned. I was very nice and collected when I talked to her, tried to convey that I am doing just fine without her.

Just got to keep moving forward, most likely it's a rebound

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice