Should I break up

helpmeimdying

I have been in a relationship with this girl for 1 month. She used to be very devoted and always made the effort to spend time with me whenever possible and she would constantly be wantig to text me and know about my day and whereabouts and it was very clear she prioritised me a lot over other things. However things took a sour turn when she entered university. She made new friends and she is busy with a lot of school activities and dorm events. I am still the same and I text her a lot, wondering how she is, what she is doing, how her day is but she takes super long to reply and when I get a little upset and talk to her about it. She flares up and asks me why am I so needy. She says I am too controlling and because of it she has lost feelings. I have been trying my hardest but I just feel like she isnt doing what a girlfriend should be doing. For example, she finally has the time to text and she replies me one text and takes very long to reply my text because she is talking to someone else. I just feel sad because it feels like I am no longer her priority. She keeps hanging out with her new friends and just tells me she will text me later which is hours later. Also, she always tells me that she will be studying and wont reply me but a few hours later she will text me and say she went to sleep or went to find her friends to talk or have a meal and that she will be studying now instead. I just feel really replaced and I dont feel like she loves me and cares about me anymore because everytime I bring what I feel up, she gets mad and says I am too needy. She always tells me to not tell her what to do and just let her be, she told me if she loves me enough she will focus on me and prioritise me which apparently isnt the case now. All her attention is on uni events and her friends and studies. She doesnt get jealous and she isnt concerned about the things that happen in my life, she doesnt worry and she doesnt really care what I do. I just feel like something isnt right anymore. I really wonder what I am to her. I have been trying super hard to fit her needs but is being indifferent and just letting her do whatever she wants truly what a boyfriend should do? I know I overthink sometimes and am insecure but I would like to know if I am really the one with problems or does is she really not interested in me anymore. What should I do? It just feels like she just wants a friend instead of a boyfriend because she is not willing to put in effort for me. I asked her before if she thinks she is outting in effort for this relationship and she said no and she said she doesnt know how to. Please help me. I really dont know how to carry on. Sorry for the long text.

You seem to be looking to her to be your source of joy in the World.......no-one can live up to that. Yes, you do come across as needy and lacking in confidence....the good news is you seem to realise this. Knowing this gives you an opportunity to work on yourself and grow.

I would recommend you break up with her because you are not ready to be in a relationship. Work on yourself. Good luck.

You've only been dating for one month. She's at college making new friends, meeting new people, as she should be. She's told you she's lost feelings for you. After 1 month, you are already this dependent on her for your own happiness!? You seem desperate. You can't put this much into a girl after only a month. That is absolutely CRAZY. You need to just let her go live her life, and get yourself into some therapy and learn how to be secure with yourself before you go dating anybody, otherwise this will become a pattern. Just send her a text saying "enjoy your time at college, I feel I'm not in the right place emotionally for a relationship right now, but I've enjoyed our time and wish you the best." She does not need to reply. Just let it go.

Yes, break up with her. I agree witj the previous messages but I would like to add that she doesnt seem to be ready for a relationship either...Okay you must be needy but she did not make any effort to make time for you..it shows that she was not just interested in you.

Good luck

You could stop texting her and just see how long it takes her to text you to see if you're still alive. If its more then a week then you can pretty much accept that she's just too busy to nurture a long distance relationship and you'd be better off just letting her do her college thing so you can find someone new when you're feeling more indifferent to her and the break up.

While you're waiting for her to text you, keep busy with friends and hobbies and interests and do your best not to OCD think on her. Hard to do, yes, but if you keep busy having your own fun with your friends it won't be as hard.

Archived