Should i let go or it's possible

Zoulman

Hello people, so i started talking with a girl on internet for a 2 months now, on a daily life life forum. We exchanged our IG profile and i started flirting even knowing that the distance was a problem (there is like 5000km) but she responded positvely to the flirt most of time. I tried to get her on phone but she is "shy". Recently i told her i was thinking about her and she said the same, she says that it'be easy to fall in love with me etc...

But when i try to see if a meeting will be possible she says things like "i wonder if we would end up meeting" like if it was impossible to travel in our days... Thing is i'm planing to travel to her country but i don't want her to think i'm doing it for her which is not the case anyway. I think that she's like all girls; sometimes very positive sending me pics of her and flirting, and sometimes she's cold-like. Should i try to let her go, i kinda got to like her but i feel like i'll never break the virtual bareer and distance ? do you have advices ? i'm pretty sure i didn't put myself in a friendzone position i try never to be in weak position or chase...

It's always troublesome on the Internet when people don't want to meet. In one sense, people are living out a fantasy relationship with their online friends, in another sense, they may be lying about who they are and what their relationship status is.

With 5,000 km separating you two, you won't really know each other until you're both living in the same city. But what you should do is say you're traveling to her country and you would like to meet up. If she says she can't, I would move on. She's either not serious, already has a boyfriend, or she's not who she says she is. See if that shakes things up.

So this is a situation where its all or nothing? I dont think right now you are in any position to dictate that. You have a 5000km distance between you and you think she is going to be committed to someone she just met over the internet?

Friends is the only thing you can be to her right now. Honestly, do you think you can fly there every weekend to see her? Why cant you be friends? Its okay to like her, but that doesnt mean she HAS to be your GF or committed to you. How do you know she doesnt have a boyfriend already?

Relax, if you enjoy the chats, then enjoy them. Dont start putting labels or drawing lines in the sand or demanding anything because you will lose.

I never said she has to be anyth8ng more than a friend nor commitement, but i'm asking for myslef as i don't want to "hurt" myself.

I know that i can't di 5000km everyweek but what i know is that we have the same country moving project that's how we started talking. As for the things like "lying on internet" well... that's something we have no control over...

hi back.

so i went with your advices to forget, without changing my attitude with her, but i stopped to trigger her/flirt. And she was the one doing it, she asked for pics of me without shirt etc... and she wanted to know my type of girls and i said everything thats different from her, and she said `ill have to fight them` and then we got to the point of relationships, i wont enter in details but she said that she`d like to be with me but she doesnt want to give me too much hopes. She still want to flirt but says somethings weird like going to a country a finding a lovely guy, and when i asked her why cant i be that man, she said `you are the only guy i could be with that dont deserv to be hurt, and as i don`t know why i really want i dont know what i can say`

So ok, it`s clear enough for me, she has fun talking with me, even flirting, but doesnt want to either: tell me nothing will never happen (but then why do you flirt and tell youd like to be with me) or that she is just afraid of the distance etc...

so how should i react to this? is it a good strategy to tell her ill be in her country in few months and i`d like to meet her so she will know what she wants... or should i let go anyway as it will to nothing...

Sorry i`m on a non english keyboard.

From what you say, this is how I see it.

You like her, you want more, she sees you as a friend and nothing more, but likes to flirt with you and that confuses you.

As I mentioned and others have mentioned before. Just accept that all you can offer is friendship. That's all you can do. If she flirted and then tells you next week that she has a boyfriend would that matter to you? It shouldn't because you two have reached the limit of what you are going to be.. friends. And that is by design. You two met on the internet, there is a huge 5000km gap between you and that's all you can be. You cant be her boyfriend, she cant be your GF.

I think once you accept that you are only have a friendship, you will feel better and relax more. In a post you said you were worried about being 'friendzoned' well, that's impossible since you have never looked into her eyes. She has not hugged you or kissed you and put you in any zone. Right now, she has you at arms length and as friends.

So you enjoy it. Enjoy the flirting and flirt back. Have fun with it. Don't get too deep and question where is this going because there doesn't have to be a destination, doesn't have to have a label or anything, just fun. I am telling you that keeping things fun, light, will go better for you. If you start being dramatic, asking where is this going, does she like you, she will feel pressure and you will be the easiest problem to solve.. just stop talking to you.

Accept that you two are friends.. then have fun with it.

Archived