Fallen in love after one night.

Codie1092

So, this is definitely the weirdest thing I've ever went through and I really wanted to get some opinions. I dated my high school sweetheart for 6 years and broke up in 2015. Since then I have been set on the fact that I'd never find someone I cared for more than her. After countless encounters with other women, only to turn my head back to my ex, it only made my belief stronger. Fast forward to August 2017. My family and I go on a camp trip, which was originaly booked for July, but rescheduled for the first week of August. On the 2nd night, due to flare testing over Lake Ontario, I come across this woman, she calls in the flare thinking it could be an emergency, once we hear back that it was only testing, the two of us decided to sit on the beach and drink wine and learn about each other. I found out she was 34, and I myself am 25. After laying on the beach talking for 3 hours drinking wine, we simply just went back to her site to play Yahtzee, I then walked her to the bathroom and we said goodnight. Talked briefly the next day, however I became too shy to make a move to spend a night at her site. She came to my site on our very last night to ask for some ice and that was the last I spoke with her. Now, in my heart I truly believe this woman is the girl I love. It was so random how we met, and we clicked. I felt she was very interested in me too. I can't stop thinking about her. My ex always asked me to move away from our small town to start our own lives. Being a family person I never even considered it. But I think in my head if this woman ever wanted to leave the country together I'd go. I just don't understand why I feel so strongly about this woman after one night. I can't stop thinking about her. It's honestly made me feel sad since I can't see her face, or hear her voice anymore.

It's a romantic fantasy crush. No way can you possibly plan to build a life with a woman you spent less than six hours around.

Crushes can be fun, though. Enjoy the memories of the moments you spent with this woman, but don't paralyze yourself thinking you're "in love" or that you MUST hold out for this woman and this woman only.

I do believe in love at first sight but I also believe in right time, right place, perfect timing. You said you 'think' she may feel the same. However you don't really know where she is at in her life being much older then you. Also you may never see her again. If it's meant to be it will happen. Right now enjoy dating other girls.

Good luck!

Lisa

I know how you feel. I'm talking to this guy and i think im in love with him. Ive been on so many other dates. Yet all i think about is him and i dont know what to do about it. Because hes really insecure. And scared. At least it seems so. Best advice i can give is to just comfort yourself thinking if it truly is destined to happen then it will.

Thanks for the replies. Always helps out. I guess I just didn't have the guts to ask for her number since she was much older. Fear of her being too established at her age to want to deal with a 25 year old student. Just a bummer that I can't stop thinking of her. I do believe in what's meant to happen will, so I am sure if she was the one, something would have happened differently. I definitely do miss her voice though!

Thanks for the replies. Always helps out. I guess I just didn't have the guts to ask for her number since she was much older. Fear of her being too established at her age to want to deal with a 25 year old student. Just a bummer that I can't stop thinking of her. I do believe in what's meant to happen will, so I am sure if she was the one, something would have happened differently. I definitely do miss her voice though!

Well, just learn from this so that you don't lose out on an opportunity in the future. All she could do is say yes or no and if she said no then believe that it was just a lost opportunity ~ her lost opportunity, certainly not yours.

^ I'll definitely try to take it as a lesson. It's just gotten me feeling so depressed and unmotivated. It makes no sense to me why I'm feeling this way, just makes me with I was her age, or had more going for me that would have interested her more. And this isn't a desperate scenario either. I've been with other girls and never felt for them as quickly as I am feeling for this girl. Been almost a week since our night on the beach and I am still quiet and depressed around my friends and family. Maybe it's something deeper that's getting to me, but boy is it ever hurting for some very odd reason

• 1 month later...

Fascinations like this can last for years. Because you may always wonder what if... and you will never have a chance to check that.

Eventually, it fades out. Sometimes you get to know something negative about this person that makes you move on - that they have an addiction you wouldn't have thought of, that they have issues that you can't help them with, or that they don't like you back. And sometimes you meet someone with even more beautiful voice and eyes, with whom you connect even more. And you know the feeling that you had before was only a compass to guide you to your future.

However your story with this fascinating woman will play out, you learned that what you had with your ex might not have been enough.

And you learned that sometimes you believe that you will never love again like you used to love someone, but the universe is full of surprises and can always prove you wrong, in the most unexpected moment.

Archived