I desperately need help, I feel lost and depressed qnd any advice is appreciated

I've been with the man II've always wanted to marry for 10 years, I m 26, he's my high school sweetheart. He's not funny at all but I was ok with it, he's the sweetest guy who loves me and cares about me and he's ready to do anything for me, we've been through it all together, we survived a one year long distance, and we were getting engaged in a month until I met this other man at work who was nice and made me laugh like no one else did, I talked to him for two months but now I stopped cuz I know I'm m wrong but I can't stop thinking about him, I feel like I love him but I don't know him enough! I only know that he loves me and wants to marry me and he's funny..Now I'm trying to fix things with my soon to be fiancé hoping that I'll ll love him again and forget about the other guy, but I m so afraid, what should I do? Should I leave my 10 year old man for someone I've known for two months only because he's s not funny? Why can't t I stop thinking about the other guy? Am I going to fall in love again with my fiancé? Am I going to forget the new guy? I left my job and found a new one, but I really need help

If you're no longer in love with your partner then you should think about ending the relationship, regardless of anyone else. For yourself, and for the sake of your partner! Ultimately this should be the question you should be asking yourself; do you want to stay in this relationship? Don't make it about leaving someone for someone else, that will never end well.

Also, it's easy to fall in love with the idea of someone, but you've even said yourself that you know little about this other man. It sounds as if you're infatuated with him, or the idea of him anyway. And this isn't uncommon if you're not feeling happy in your relationship.

Dig deep and work out if you love your fiancé enough to stay, and work on things. If the love is gone, then perhaps you'd be wasting time 'waiting' and hoping to fall in love again. Unfortunately it doesn't really work like that. Good luck.

Your not in love with your old time boyfriend. If you were, you wouldn't be so easily swayed by someone who is making you laugh. Your boyfriend sounds like an amazing guy. Just remember that the grass isn't always greener. You may date this new guy for a while, experience his true colors and not like them, and completely regret leaving your boyfriend. But I still think you should leave your boyfriend because it sounds like he deserves better. Dont be selfish, give him the respect he deserves and let him find someone else who will be faithful and in love with him.

Well, one thing you shouldn't do: Get married. It's normal to be attracted to somebody else but you're already thinking about marrying this other dude. You are NOT ready. Call off the engagement, and honestly, I'd break up with your boyfriend. It sounds like you're mainly with him because of the time investment. If sense of humor is THAT important to you, then you should be with someone else imo. Not this guy necessarily. I just think you should be single for a while, date a bunch of guys so you know what you like and what you don't like. You don't sound like know what you've want and you've devoted your late teens and a good part of your 20s to this relationship. Most people are using that time to figure themselves out and what they want out of life.

Archived