Significance of a folded napkin when given to you by your manager ?

vesper

This is about a relationship between me and my manager. This is more of a rant and rave about my job just mysterious sometimes. What does it mean when someone gives you a folded napkin with a note written on it? This is one of the first things he gave me (my manager). Usually people have got on ear on the prize and the other somewhere else and you just cant figure it out , BUT he always makes it clear what he is looking for in an employee. You try to understand but sometimes it just gets overwhelming. He also just gave me some sunglasses and he always brings food to the office. I guess he wants me to get creative but I just need to know what he thinks about this sometimes. He also wrapped something in a newspaper one time that he gave me. He’s a very dear friend of mine. I have known him since 2002. I used to talk to him 2-3 times a day to start and then it became 2-3 times a month and then years. Finally one day when I updated his website he asked me to be full-time and started me on 18 dollars an hour. NOT BAD! Ive been here almost 3 years this September... We are currently expanding next door but not changing location. I like it here. We're also connected on social media linked in, facebook, instagram, and I have a twitter account for the company. Im also friends on facebook with his wife and daughter and on instagram with his wife. I think his wife's company follows our twitter account. I just wish for more direct answers here.

Yeah so my question is , is there a significance to a folded napkin of anything ?

Thanks in advance for all of the replies forum x

I can only relate it to what it might mean were I given the napkin. I'd probably have pizza sauce on my face and my boss used the note as an excuse to subtly help me out.

So I think I'd need to know what you had for lunch before I could provide some concrete insight.

Well that all depends on what was written on the napkin... care to elaborate?

Side question: Do you have a crush on your boss?

Just a link to a website. Maybe he's just overly OCD so he likes to fold things. He's very charming, but he's married and so am I. It probably means nothing and Im just being overly analytical ?

I can only relate it to what it might mean were I given the napkin. I'd probably have pizza sauce on my face and my boss used the note as an excuse to subtly help me out.

So I think I'd need to know what you had for lunch before I could provide some concrete insight.

lol j.man!

Just a link to a website. Maybe he's just overly OCD so he likes to fold things. He's very charming, but he's married and so am I. It probably means nothing and Im just being overly analytical ?

It probably means that he was eating lunch and had nothing else to write on so he jotted it down on the first thing available. Was the website something that would make you think too deeply about things?

You are both married but that doesn't answer my question about whether you have a crush on him.

You are both married but that doesn't answer my question about whether you have a crush on him.

The website was just a place for self-expression of art , because I am an artist originally, like I think it was Etsy. Yes I suppose I do have a small crush on him but not in a sexual way, he is just super attractive and charming although he is 60 years old. We went on a business trip back in 2003 and he kind of tried to hit on me. He wasn't my boss then.

The website was just a place for self-expression of art , because I am an artist originally, like I think it was Etsy. Yes I suppose I do have a small crush on him but not in a sexual way, he is just super attractive and charming although he is 60 years old. We went on a business trip back in 2003 and he kind of tried to hit on me. He wasn't my boss then.

Well then, yes that would be why you are over-thinking this. Do your best to keep your mind focused on him in only a professional manner because you're on a slippery slope if your crush is leading you to start a thread looking for hidden meaning in such a innocent gesture. You're an artist, he hooked you up to a site for artists. Simple.

Vesper, you're kind of all over the place. Your husband, your ex husband, your other ex and now your boss.

Does fantasizing about these various men distract you from some kind of issue in your life? I can't imagine that juggling all these guys is very stabilizing.

Managers regularly bring in food or coffee for people they work with. There is nothing mysterious about it. Because they know their staff like family, if they see something in the paper or on a billboard that they know they will be interested in, they tell tehm about it. Your boss is not sexually interested in you - he is displaying normal behavior for someone you worked with for a long time. And i wonder --- based on all your other threads i am going to go out on a limb and say your boss never propositioned you. he probably paid a compliment to you that any person would do and its all in your head. Please seek therapy...again.

Agree with bolt here... you're all over the place!

Few weeks ago your husband and a thread about how much you love him and he's a keeper.

Now a thread where you just live in the same house but nothing more... then i see a post about the love of your life coming back into your life and this kind of thing goes on and on and on. And that was the case as well when you were on here a few years ago under your old name.

Are you off your meds or something? And i ask that in all sincerity out of worry.....

Archived