Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guy, First Date, Need Tips!

JustMizz
    Bronze Member

New Guy, First Date, Need Tips!

I chatted with this guy all week. We really have a lot in common. I've sat back and let him do most of the initiating. He has text and called and we've covered all of the important questions. We're both looking for a relationship. I haven't had any anxiety, but I was super nervous about meeting him.

He drove about 13 hours today to take his son back to his mother. His son spent the summer with him. And he wanted to meet me when he got back, said he didn't want to wait until tomorrow. I've been sick this week with tonsillitis, he said it was worth the risk.

He picked me up and we went to eat. Had a nice, casual conversation. I'm very attracted to him and have a good feeling. We didn't plan things well, and after dinner really didn't know what to do. He asked if we could hang at my house (he lives a half hour away) I declined because my daughter is home and I don't bring guys around her so soon. He said he understood and said maybe we should call it a night and plan better next weekend. I knew he was tired so I agreed.

Then he brought me home, we talked for a few. He asked if I was good with seeing him next weekend and I said yes. And that was it.

He's supposed to text me when he gets home. We'll see.

Does it seem like I handled myself okay? I know I won't know his true intent for a while, but what do y'all think?

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Sounds like a good first date. If you don't have a time/place plan for a next date, just assume there is no next date and enjoy the memories. Then if he calls you and asks you out again it will be a pleasant surprise!

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    I really hope he texts me later. I'm going to try not to focus on it, though!

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Please don't get upset or overthink if he doesn't text you tonight! It seems like he had a super busy day.

Give him an adequate opportunity to contact you, please. A day or two seems reasonable to me.

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boltnrun [Register to see the link]
    Please don't get upset or overthink if he doesn't text you tonight! It seems like he had a super busy day.

Give him an adequate opportunity to contact you, please. A day or two seems reasonable to me.
    I'm not going to fret over it. I've learned a lot from my last fiasco. Lol

figureitout23
    Sounds like a great first date.

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by figureitout23 [Register to see the link]
    Sounds like a great first date.
    I was a little worried since he didn't attempt to kiss me. But, I could still be contagious, so maybe he didn't want to risk it that far. 😂

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMizz [Register to see the link]
    I was a little worried since he didn't attempt to kiss me. But, I could still be contagious, so maybe he didn't want to risk it that far. 😂
    OK, I want you to promise you won't get hung up on minutiae. You know, things that will not matter in the grand scheme. Things that will make you stress and worry and get anxious about. Enjoy this!

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boltnrun [Register to see the link]
    OK, I want you to promise you won't get hung up on minutiae. You know, things that will not matter in the grand scheme. Things that will make you stress and worry and get anxious about. Enjoy this!
    I promise I am not going to stress or worry. If he doesn't like me, then he doesn't like me.

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMizz [Register to see the link]
    I promise I am not going to stress or worry. If he doesn't like me, then he doesn't like me.
    If you don't like him, you don't like him.

Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
Should I forgive him
So basically Ive been with my boyfriend for almost a year. Im going to give a bit of background, when we started dating I was considered as the "Too
Only too eager guys
Why it seems that the only guys who are interested are the too eager guys? And they usually are the ones that I don't like physically or emotionally
I'm always the one messaging first lately.... not her.
I've been dating this woman for the past few weeks. We've gone on about 4 dates so far. Date #5 occurring this Saturday. Anyway, lately, it
InsecureBoyfriend
Hello!, Short Story: My girlfirend (26) is friends with 2 ex-lovers and it makes me sick/insecure. I (twentyeight) told her this and want her to
Why would people ghost rather than saying something
Speaking to a girl for a month or so, been on a couple dates went well and we spoke a lot. After the last date we were still speaking for a few days
He didn't even bother to cancel our date leaving me feeling disrespected
We made plans to go out on Friday evening. No place/specific time but we did discuss possible things to do and I knew it would be in the evening

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice