Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 146

Thread: New Guy, First Date, Need Tips!

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370

    New Guy, First Date, Need Tips!

    I chatted with this guy all week. We really have a lot in common. I've sat back and let him do most of the initiating. He has text and called and we've covered all of the important questions. We're both looking for a relationship. I haven't had any anxiety, but I was super nervous about meeting him.

    He drove about 13 hours today to take his son back to his mother. His son spent the summer with him. And he wanted to meet me when he got back, said he didn't want to wait until tomorrow. I've been sick this week with tonsillitis, he said it was worth the risk.

    He picked me up and we went to eat. Had a nice, casual conversation. I'm very attracted to him and have a good feeling. We didn't plan things well, and after dinner really didn't know what to do. He asked if we could hang at my house (he lives a half hour away) I declined because my daughter is home and I don't bring guys around her so soon. He said he understood and said maybe we should call it a night and plan better next weekend. I knew he was tired so I agreed.

    Then he brought me home, we talked for a few. He asked if I was good with seeing him next weekend and I said yes. And that was it.

    He's supposed to text me when he gets home. We'll see.

    Does it seem like I handled myself okay? I know I won't know his true intent for a while, but what do y'all think?

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46,536
    Sounds like a good first date. If you don't have a time/place plan for a next date, just assume there is no next date and enjoy the memories. Then if he calls you and asks you out again it will be a pleasant surprise!

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    I really hope he texts me later. I'm going to try not to focus on it, though!

  4. #4
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,776
    Please don't get upset or overthink if he doesn't text you tonight! It seems like he had a super busy day.

    Give him an adequate opportunity to contact you, please. A day or two seems reasonable to me.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Please don't get upset or overthink if he doesn't text you tonight! It seems like he had a super busy day.

    Give him an adequate opportunity to contact you, please. A day or two seems reasonable to me.
    I'm not going to fret over it. I've learned a lot from my last fiasco. Lol

  7. #6
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,063
    Sounds like a great first date.

  8. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Sounds like a great first date.
    I was a little worried since he didn't attempt to kiss me. But, I could still be contagious, so maybe he didn't want to risk it that far. 😂

  9. #8
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,776
    Originally Posted by JustMizz
    I was a little worried since he didn't attempt to kiss me. But, I could still be contagious, so maybe he didn't want to risk it that far. 😂
    OK, I want you to promise you won't get hung up on minutiae. You know, things that will not matter in the grand scheme. Things that will make you stress and worry and get anxious about. Enjoy this!

  10. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    OK, I want you to promise you won't get hung up on minutiae. You know, things that will not matter in the grand scheme. Things that will make you stress and worry and get anxious about. Enjoy this!
    I promise I am not going to stress or worry. If he doesn't like me, then he doesn't like me.

  11. #10
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,776
    Originally Posted by JustMizz
    I promise I am not going to stress or worry. If he doesn't like me, then he doesn't like me.
    If you don't like him, you don't like him.

Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •