Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guy, First Date, Need Tips!

JustMizz
    Bronze Member

New Guy, First Date, Need Tips!

I chatted with this guy all week. We really have a lot in common. I've sat back and let him do most of the initiating. He has text and called and we've covered all of the important questions. We're both looking for a relationship. I haven't had any anxiety, but I was super nervous about meeting him.

He drove about 13 hours today to take his son back to his mother. His son spent the summer with him. And he wanted to meet me when he got back, said he didn't want to wait until tomorrow. I've been sick this week with tonsillitis, he said it was worth the risk.

He picked me up and we went to eat. Had a nice, casual conversation. I'm very attracted to him and have a good feeling. We didn't plan things well, and after dinner really didn't know what to do. He asked if we could hang at my house (he lives a half hour away) I declined because my daughter is home and I don't bring guys around her so soon. He said he understood and said maybe we should call it a night and plan better next weekend. I knew he was tired so I agreed.

Then he brought me home, we talked for a few. He asked if I was good with seeing him next weekend and I said yes. And that was it.

He's supposed to text me when he gets home. We'll see.

Does it seem like I handled myself okay? I know I won't know his true intent for a while, but what do y'all think?

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Sounds like a good first date. If you don't have a time/place plan for a next date, just assume there is no next date and enjoy the memories. Then if he calls you and asks you out again it will be a pleasant surprise!

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    I really hope he texts me later. I'm going to try not to focus on it, though!

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Please don't get upset or overthink if he doesn't text you tonight! It seems like he had a super busy day.

Give him an adequate opportunity to contact you, please. A day or two seems reasonable to me.

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boltnrun [Register to see the link]
    Please don't get upset or overthink if he doesn't text you tonight! It seems like he had a super busy day.

Give him an adequate opportunity to contact you, please. A day or two seems reasonable to me.
    I'm not going to fret over it. I've learned a lot from my last fiasco. Lol

figureitout23
    Sounds like a great first date.

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by figureitout23 [Register to see the link]
    Sounds like a great first date.
    I was a little worried since he didn't attempt to kiss me. But, I could still be contagious, so maybe he didn't want to risk it that far. 😂

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMizz [Register to see the link]
    I was a little worried since he didn't attempt to kiss me. But, I could still be contagious, so maybe he didn't want to risk it that far. 😂
    OK, I want you to promise you won't get hung up on minutiae. You know, things that will not matter in the grand scheme. Things that will make you stress and worry and get anxious about. Enjoy this!

JustMizz
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boltnrun [Register to see the link]
    OK, I want you to promise you won't get hung up on minutiae. You know, things that will not matter in the grand scheme. Things that will make you stress and worry and get anxious about. Enjoy this!
    I promise I am not going to stress or worry. If he doesn't like me, then he doesn't like me.

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMizz [Register to see the link]
    I promise I am not going to stress or worry. If he doesn't like me, then he doesn't like me.
    If you don't like him, you don't like him.

Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Question About Multi-Dating And Sex
This is to the ladies who multi-date, but men feel free to chime in too. Last summer, I multi-dated a little bit (no sex), but I never really
"Falling in Love" according to an evolutionary psychologist:
So, I've been listening to a podcast called "Beat Your Genes" by Dr. Doug Lisle, a clinical psychologist who approaches psychology from a
What if she doesn't say I Love You Back?
Hi everyone. I have been dating my girlfriend since January. After long hard thought I have finally come to realise that I love her. I totally accept
dating pet peeve-can it be stopped?
Hi, all! I have this HUGE pet peeve. Just about every time I go on a first date, I get pressured for sex. It doesn't matter how I dress. I don't act
Head over heels over someone I've never met
So a few months ago I decided to try out online dating. After a weeks of trying it out, I found someone that was perfect for me. We had the same
I can't quit thinking about him. What is my next move?
So there is this guy that I can NOT quit thinking about and I need some guidance. I'm 29 and haven't dated too much the last few years. I'm super
losing virginity to someone who cares but unsure about committing
The situation: Girl is a twenty something year old virgin, she was dating this guy with commitment and intimacy issues for half a year last year and

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice