Please stop me from losing my mind

Yes , it's the dreaded outlaws again . And once again this summer they would like my son to visit . He's going to be 20 years old and doesn't want to visit granny and and pappy like he's eight . My father-in-law is getting pretty bad with his dementia and sometimes he can be unmanageable . My son can't handle any of those situations . ( He has autism) They also have no Wi-Fi never have any plans of ever getting any Wi-Fi have no clue what to talk to my son about if anything at all and he needs his iPad for calming down purposes . So with out his iPad he will probably be demented over there within the space of 24 hours .

They have asked my son three times and he has said, no.

Now my husband's sister is phoning my husband to natter him into forcing my son to go . Plus he would need someone to take him there as it's three hours away and somebody would have to take the day off to take him. And the last two years he went he called me at 3 o'clock in the morning to go pick him up .

My mom is having knee replacement surgery in two weeks and that's about all the stress I can handle I will be with her for 10 days . Just last night I told MIL that her son and my son would see her the weekend of the 19,20 but that I would be spending all that my time with my mom . And what I get is , well, that's how it is is it ?

I guess I'm just ranting but 28 years of these people and I'm almost ready to lose my mind .'

Let the phone go to voicemail. They can't make you answer. Answer only when you are up to it and if they complain say your son is an adult now and makes his own choices so you won't discuss it.

If she says something like that is how it is then you just reply, yes that is how it is and cut the conversation short. Always cut the drama short.

Let the phone go to voicemail. They can't make you answer. Answer only when you are up to it and if they complain say your son is an adult now and makes his own choices so you won't discuss it.

If she says something like that is how it is then you just reply, yes that is how it is and cut the conversation short. Always cut the drama short.

For sure. I never answer their calls but my husband does. And he hands the phone to me saying my mom just wants a word darling. 🙄 Or they call my son directly on his phone and he avoids answering that question.

Archived