Is this wrong?

Okay, so I am a firm believer in karma and I think that is why I'm so worried and confused on whether or not this is a "bad" thing to do. I am a teacher and I want to send an anonymous letter to the superintendent about some unfair things that are happening to some employees. Basically, after school coordinator jobs are being taken away from two very hard working and deserving teachers and are being given to the supervisors' (the lady in charge of the program) sisters. The teachers are basically only being let go so this lady can give her sisters the job. This is nepotism. I have a feeling the superintendent has no idea what is going on so I was thinking about slipping an anonymous letter in the mail. Is this wrong to do? I don't want to get any bad karma for this.

Assuming karma in fact does exist (which I don't happen to believe), the actual philosophy of it is much more nuanced and isn't at all what you're implying here. And even if it were, what would "come back around" from you sending a complaint about suspected favoritism?

In any case, it's up to you. I'm sure there are many ways to word it and go about it where no one would automatically assume it was you. I'd also keep it as unassuming as you can without voicing your concern. It's possible there's much more behind the scenes going on and details you don't and won't ever be aware of. I'd also let it go afterward and try not to invest yourself too much.

Are you all not a part of a teacher's union?

Assuming karma in fact does exist (which I don't happen to believe), the actual philosophy of it is much more nuanced and isn't at all what you're implying here. And even if it were, what would "come back around" from you sending a complaint about suspected favoritism?

In any case, it's up to you. I'm sure there are many ways to word it and go about it where no one would automatically assume it was you. I'd also keep it as unassuming as you can without voicing your concern. It's possible there's much more behind the scenes going on and details you don't and won't ever be aware of. I'd also let it go afterward and try not to invest yourself too much.

Are you all not a part of a teacher's union?

Should read "while voicing your concern" not "without." Bad typo and too late to edit.

It does sound like nepotism, but make sure you're not violating the chain of command. Is the supervisor the next link over them? Do you have a different boss? Do the after-school teachers have someone they can complain to? I'd say they might have an unfair firing violation, possibly discrimination if they are part of a protected group. Just don't go over people's heads unless they fail to do anything.

Archived