LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was it rape?

Was it rape?

Hi there. I am married and have been with my husband for ten years. Never once cheated on him and never blamed to do it. I was out on Saturday with my friends and was really drunk but the time the club shut. I left my friends to go on my way and got chatting to this guy. I vaguely remember being in a taxi with him and then i was back at his house. I just remember crashing on his bed and then i remember bits with us having sex. I can't remember removing my clothes and i have a bruise on my wrist. I seem to remember participating at times but there was an occassion where i tried to push him away but he still continued. I have told my husband and i have we have went to the police. I can't get rid of the guilt as i feel that i was unfaithful to my husband. I explained to police and my husband that even when i was single i never went back to some random guys house. I feel this is my fault. My husband says if u are that drunk you were taken advantage of and that it is not in my nature to cheat. Any advice appreciated.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Look into the laws of your country. But it is rape in my country. Drunk people can't consent. I am so sorry this happened to you. I was drugged at a bar and then later raped when I was an older teen.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I am from the UK. The police are taking it very seriously. Just finding this difficult.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by crazybaby
    Sorry to hear that happened to you. I am from the UK. The police are taking it very seriously. Just finding this difficult.
    It is very difficult to process. I am glad you went to the police. Please remember the CRIMINAL is at fault. If you need help processing therapy is very helpful.

I remember him trying to give me oral sex but i said no and he stopped that. But guess nothing to do with his pleasure. I feel disgusting. I am contacting rape crisis helpline tonight and going to get rape counselling. I just feel like a dirty cheat and keep blaming myself. Not sure whether or not to give a full statement to the police at the moment.

I remember him trying to give me oral sex but i said no and he stopped that. But guess nothing to do with his pleasure. I feel disgusting. I am contacting rape crisis helpline tonight and going to get rape counselling. I just feel like a dirty cheat and keep blaming myself. Not sure whether or not to give a full statement to the police at the moment.
    I would talk with rape crisis. Getting help sooner rather than later is far more successful. It is natural to feel shame but you are not responsible HE is.

Thank you for your kind words. I just want to move on and get better. I just feel really bad but i need to realise that he took advantage of the situation. Imagine doing that to someone really drunk.

And that is the thing people need to understand people who are intoxicated cannot consent . Leave them alone . In many countries you are breaking the law if you have sex with someone who is intoxicated.

Many people don't teach their kids this.

Can i ask which country you are from?

Can i ask which country you are from?
    I am Canadian.

Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice