He didn't read the greeting card I gave him.

Moiselle

I gave my boyfriend a greeting card last July 7, 2017 for our 6th month in a relationship together.

However, until now, he doesn't read it.

I am wondering... Does he care about it or us at all? He never gave me anything in return that day. I was telling him prior to that day that we will celebrate our half-year. But we never got the chance to go out on a date due to financial issues.

That is why I just gave him a greeting card instead. But the fact that he does not read it makes me feel that it is not important to him. He doesn't care what is written in the card.

Am I correct?

It hurt your feelings that he didn't read the card. I can understand that, but no, I don't think it's correct to leap to the conclusion that he doesn't care about you nor the relationship based on that.

Think about and consider the bigger picture. How he treats you. Do you really believe he doesn't care?

People won't always do all the things we wish they would. That doesn't automatically mean they don't care about us.

Not everyone does the 'sending cards' bit, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with their feelings for the other person; in fact the guys I've known who were keenest to send cards, love letters etc, were quite emotionally abusive generally (and got angry with me for not reciprocating).

He shows you he loves you in ways that matter, and that's all you need to know.

If you're someone who doesn't show their love by sending cards, it can feel a bit weird to receive one.

You may find this link helpful: [url="

never would've occurred to me to celebrate a six months anniversary. never did the card thing either.

i think this and your other other thread about conjuring up dreams of him cheating and ascribing precognitive qualities to them is a good way to get worked up over nothing.

i'd really stop before you throw a perfectly good thing out the window.

if this is the same guy you're wanting to break up with, then i think you're displacing the issue on these non-issues of your dreams and greeting cards.

Exactly this.

OP, do you really want to date this guy? Your threads indicates you have some big doubts about him and your relationship in general.

Archived