Memes or Conversation

Lmw123

I'm a 26 yr old female, but I definitely hooked my boyfriend with memes. I am the meme queen.

In all seriousness, it depends on how you're starting off. We started as friends so memes were one of the ways we shared humour, but we also had a lot of very deep and intellectual conversations and I'm pretty sure if you look at where we are now, that's what got us there. But we also did a lot of "bonding" by building a base of friendship, which included tagging each other in memes on Facebook and playing video games over the phone/Skype at the same time.

He says the best thing about us is that we're versatile - we can be serious, or silly, and still be on the same wavelength. I think that's what you want - that's how I built my friendships with most of the guys who still have a thing for me even now that I'm taken! (And a few of them are well into their 30s)

Yeah bc I normally have conversations with this guy. The other day I sent him a meme completely forgetting he doesn't even use social media lol. That should have been my clue there haha. He didn't even respond to the meme. I think I'm going to stick to regular conversations lol.

Yeah bc I normally have conversations with this guy. The other day I sent him a meme completely forgetting he doesn't even use social media lol. That should have been my clue there haha. He didn't even respond to the meme. I think I'm going to stick to regular conversations lol.

For people who aren't used to them, they just aren't that amusing. Personal/situational context is important.

For the record though, I know plenty of guys who start communication with me (or I with them) with a meme and it's not been an issue. So the problem here was that this guy doesn't use social media much and thus lacks exposure/meme etiquette

Archived