Ulykool11

Well, im recently came back in contact with the girl of my dreams since middle school and now im in the army doing army things. My contract doesnt expire for another 4 years and i feel thats too long to wait, so i was considering leaving to be with her. Alot of my friends keep telling me that its not worth it to loose my job over a girl but i couldnt stand the thought of being away from her for soo long

Most new relationships fail, so don't make huge decisions like giving up a career and your financial well-being for an extreme unknown. Either agree to periodically stay in contact as friends while you're away and see if you're both single in 4 years, or try a LDR, which is quite difficult when you've not already been together in a long term relationship. If it doesn't work out, it means fate has someone else in store for you.

How good it is to find the girl of your dreams. The one that you can say you can offer your life for her.

BUT, are you the man of her dreams?

Do not leave the army just because she is your dream girl. Love can wait. And if you are the man of her dreams, she will wait for you.

Archived