How do I tell my best friend I'm falling for him

caliali

I've been best friends with this guy since we were 16, we are now 33. We've both had several serious relationships throughout the years. We are both currently single. We live in different cities, but he's planning on moving to my city next month for work. We went in a trip about a month ago to meet in the middle and had sex/ I recently visited him for 2 weeks, stayed with him and had sex again. We went out a lone and went out with his friends while I was there. We've never talked about dating or our feelings. Being a girl, with all the above, of course I'm falling for him. How do I tell him?! HELP!!! He's the one who initiated every phone call and or text everyday and the one who invited me to stay with him etc.

Why don't you just tell him? Plain and simple. Do you deep down know that his answer will be "I only see you as a friend with benefits?" Love yourself enough to just tell him how you feel and ask him if he's feeling the same. If he says no, then go zero contact so that you can get over your addiction to him.

Why don't you just tell him? Plain and simple. Do you deep down know that his answer will be "I only see you as a friend with benefits?" Love yourself enough to just tell him how you feel and ask him if he's feeling the same. If he says no, then go zero contact so that you can get over your addiction to him.

Thank you! That's what I'm thinking of doing. He's leaving to Europe for 10 days in 2 weeks. Not sure if I should tell him before or after

Thanks for replying!

You'll likely go a tad nuts if he goes away and you haven't resolved anything. If he wants to shag before he leaves for his trip then tell him before he leaves for his trip. If the answer is no he's not on the same page then you'll have two weeks of not seeing him to start your journey of getting over the habit of friends with bennies... You can tell him that you can't keep doing what you've been doing when you want more.

If he feels as you do then you then awesome...

Let us know the outcome.

You'll likely go a tad nuts if he goes away and you haven't resolved anything. If he wants to shag before he leaves for his trip then tell him before he leaves for his trip. If the answer is no he's not on the same page then you'll have two weeks of not seeing him to start your journey of getting over the habit of friends with bennies... You can tell him that you can't keep doing what you've been doing when you want more.

If he feels as you do then you then awesome...

Let us know the outcome.

I really appreciate both of your replies. I've actually been feeling like this since u met him since I was 16 years old. We have mutual friends and I haven't been able to speak to anyone about it. Love this safe space. Everyone on here rocks !

Archived