Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?

moneymkt

Met this lady on Craigslist and when I suggested we exchange numbers so we can set up a meeting she preferred face time. I have no interest in face time because I only have one computer. So that means I have to push everything to the side to focus on her. With the phone I can still do 3 things at once. Has anyone on here used face time before meeting?

If she doesn't have a dainty phone voice then won't she not have a dainty phone voice on face time? I would be careful she could be cat fishing you. See if she follows through with the meeting. Not talking on the phone is odd.

Exactly. I better fade away from her

You would multitask during a first phone call?

Would you multitask on a phone interview? I think not. I highly doubt she's cat fishing you if SHE wants a video chat. She may want a video chat because she's worried YOU are a catfish.

When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.

When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.

Why not?

Why wouldn't you want to focus solely on the conversation?

Seems like kind of a strange reason to not want to video chat.

No I wouldn't engage in any kind of video chat with someone I've never met. Agree with another poster that it's kind of weird.

The way I look at it is that dating is a bit of a jungle. You are going to come across all kinds of people with all kinds of ideas, hang ups, etc. To be successful you really have to have a firm grasp on what you will and will not tolerate. For me personally, anyone who came at me with an "I don't know you but I already don't trust you and will make you jump through hoops because I have some baggage from prior bad experiences" attitude is a person I'm going to stay far away from. They can take their baggage elsewhere. I'm not interested in being their whipping gal.

I found pretty consistently that those who are in a healthy place and are ready for a relationship have no problems simply meeting quickly and seeing where things go from there. No loops and hoops to jump, no but before this I need that. Very straightforward and sticking to that saved me headaches. Even if the romantic spark wasn't there, they were all nice, interesting people and great dates.

Why not?

Why wouldn't you want to focus solely on the conversation?

Seems like kind of a strange reason to not want to video chat.

When I'm home I am in chill mode and no longer looking presentable. So I'm not going to talk to someone I never met before when I am in my lounge mode. Face time is for someone you already know

No I wouldn't engage in any kind of video chat with someone I've never met. Agree with another poster that it's kind of weird.

The way I look at it is that dating is a bit of a jungle. You are going to come across all kinds of people with all kinds of ideas, hang ups, etc. To be successful you really have to have a firm grasp on what you will and will not tolerate. For me personally, anyone who came at me with an "I don't know you but I already don't trust you and will make you jump through hoops because I have some baggage from prior bad experiences" attitude is a person I'm going to stay far away from. They can take their baggage elsewhere. I'm not interested in being their whipping gal.

I found pretty consistently that those who are in a healthy place and are ready for a relationship have no problems simply meeting quickly and seeing where things go from there. No loops and hoops to jump, no but before this I need that. Very straightforward and sticking to that saved me headaches. Even if the romantic spark wasn't there, they were all nice, interesting people and great dates.

And she has to understand that this makes her email easy to delete when there are other woman who don't have a problem talking on the phone.

I have never had a woman tell me she don't have a dainty phone voice. Lol

I don't have an issue getting a woman I'm not ready to date right now. Clearing up debt

then you better tell her you're not interested in dating. and then you won't have to call, or face time or anything.

so, if you don't want to date, why are you giving your number to women on craigslist?

When I'm home I am in chill mode and no longer looking presentable. So I'm not going to talk to someone I never met before when I am in my lounge mode. Face time is for someone you already know

But that has nothing to do with your assertion that you want to be able to look at your computer and TV at the same time.

If you go on a date you'll have to focus on her.

Anyway, it looks like you just don't want to meet this woman. And that's fine, just let her know the date is off.

Tell her that you will meet for coffee in a public place - pick one that she is familiar and comfortable with and tell her if she doesn't like what she sees - its just a cup of coffee. You are looking for someone to date, not an online buddy. If she won't meet you in a safe public place of her choosing for coffee, then she is not interested.

I don't have an issue getting a woman I'm not ready to date right now. Clearing up debt

I would say that if you are not ready to date, you should not waste the time of women who are looking for someone to date.

you clearly do have trouble with women if you are interested enough to ask us about her. If you had so many women after you, you would have not thought for a second about it and told her that you have 12 ladies coming over and don't need to be bothered with facetime. if you are clearing up debt -- you are not getting married tomorrow so does it really get in the way of meeting someone or having a relationship?

Take yourself off all the dating sites if your goal is to just play around and waste the time of women on the site who are actually looking to date. Maybe she is asking for facetime because you have told her you are someone you are not?

then you better tell her you're not interested in dating. and then you won't have to call, or face time or anything.

so, if you don't want to date, why are you giving your number to women on craigslist?

Friendship that can lead to dating

I think face time is great especially if you are shy or afraid of meeting someone you don't know.

It's safe! Make it quick if you want to. For *** sake, don't multitask when you facetime, specially if it's the first time! Jeez!

I do know that you won't facetime her either way, I just wanted to state my opinion because,a gain, I find facetime safe. I have done it. it is awkward, but aren't all first dates?

Just don't have interest in using it

I would say you must not be all that interested in meeting her, but why would you be on here asking... something's up... whatever it is, in my eyes there's no excuse. She's not crazy just trying to make sure you are who you say you are before your date, nothing wrong with that, the world is full of catfishes and crazies

"When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that."

You're kidding, right? I guess not.

As for Facetime, if you can do it and conceal your actual identity other than the showing-your-face part, I would do it. So it's a little weird. Remember that you're talking about Craigslist. I don't think other means of online dating (Match, eHarmony, etc.) have had their reputations marred like Craigslist has (Craigslist killers, etc.).

Archived