Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?

moneymkt
    Bronze Member

Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?

Met this lady on Craigslist and when I suggested we exchange numbers so we can set up a meeting she preferred face time. I have no interest in face time because I only have one computer. So that means I have to push everything to the side to focus on her. With the phone I can still do 3 things at once. Has anyone on here used face time before meeting?

LHGirl
    Gold Member
    If she won't meet for a quick cup of coffee or glass of wine, then move along.

3. Thanks LaHermes, ShatteredMan thanked for this post
    moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LHGirl [Register to see the link]
    If she won't meet for a quick cup of coffee or glass of wine, then move along.
    The meeting date is set I just wanted to chit chat so not I'm not too sure. She says she don't have a dainty phone voice? Lol

limichelle
    Platinum Member
    If she doesn't have a dainty phone voice then won't she not have a dainty phone voice on face time? I would be careful she could be cat fishing you. See if she follows through with the meeting. Not talking on the phone is odd.

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    I would find it awkward to FaceTime with someone before meeting them in person.

7. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    mustlovedogs
    You would multitask during a first phone call?

Would you multitask on a phone interview? I think not. I highly doubt she's cat fishing you if SHE wants a video chat. She may want a video chat because she's worried YOU are a catfish.

9. Thanks Dahl, Cope, nsolo, LaHermes, faraday, SherrySher thanked for this post
    moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limichelle [Register to see the link]
    If she doesn't have a dainty phone voice then won't she not have a dainty phone voice on face time? I would be careful she could be cat fishing you. See if she follows through with the meeting. Not talking on the phone is odd.
    Exactly. I better fade away from her

moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCanuck [Register to see the link]
    I would find it awkward to FaceTime with someone before meeting them in person.
    She claims it would verify it's really me

moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    You would multitask during a first phone call?

Would you multitask on a phone interview? I think not. I highly doubt she's cat fishing you if SHE wants a video chat. She may want a video chat because she's worried YOU are a catfish.
    When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moneymkt [Register to see the link]
    When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.
    Why not?

Why wouldn't you want to focus solely on the conversation?

Seems like kind of a strange reason to not want to video chat.

14. Thanks mustlovedogs, Dahl, LaHermes, SherrySher thanked for this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
I Just Don't Get It
I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks now, things seemed to be going well. He lives 2 hours from me, so we've been meeting up in the
Why can't things be easy and consistent?
I started talking to a man I knew from years ago. We didn't date, we were just acquaintances. We reconnected recently and went for coffee. We both
Getting Closure
Thought I'd start a discussion on getting "closure" in our relationships; I've heard differing opinions about it and have been thinking about it a
Did I make the right decision?
Been out on 3 dates with this woman and I noticed that in between all of those dates, she never contacted me first whether it was text or phone
Would you be annoyed if...
Would you be annoyed if you were meeting up for the first time and still didn't know an exact time or location. I'm meeting him tomorrow and still
First date follow-up
Hello! So I had this great first date with a girl on Friday, I felt we had chemistry and we kissed a few times. Even though the date only lasted
Have you Ever ghosted on a date? What would you do?
Okay so there's this girl I have only been out on 2 dates with so far over the span of roughly like 5 weeks (with 2 of those weeks being one where

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
The ex that wouldn't go away
I am engaged to the woman of my dreams. After a couple dates I told everyone I was going to marry her. She told her friends the same. My only hang up
Crying
IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things
SO (girl of 23) doubting our relationship, won't let go of ex
So currently going through a very complicated situation with my SO. I started seeing this girl in November of last year, while she was still with
My friend has no life...No job and currently lives at home. At nearly 30
One of my very good friends has always been the impressionable type. When I encouraged her to have stronger boundaries, to be less passive and to
Ex is getting married
Hi, I went into no contact with my ex around 14 weeks ago. I had decided that there's nothing left for me to do or say that would bring her back to
Friendless and Lonely
Hi all, I've decided to turn to an online forum for advice on a current friendship issue. I want to say thank you in advance to those who take the
Swapping childcare, she stopped responding...
Background: I struggle with intimacy and relationships in general. Coming from abuse and neglect means I've always struggled with trusting others
Ask For Advice