Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?

Bronze Member

Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?

Met this lady on Craigslist and when I suggested we exchange numbers so we can set up a meeting she preferred face time. I have no interest in face time because I only have one computer. So that means I have to push everything to the side to focus on her. With the phone I can still do 3 things at once. Has anyone on here used face time before meeting?

Platinum Member
    If she won't meet for a quick cup of coffee or glass of wine, then move along.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    If she won't meet for a quick cup of coffee or glass of wine, then move along.
    The meeting date is set I just wanted to chit chat so not I'm not too sure. She says she don't have a dainty phone voice? Lol

Platinum Member
    If she doesn't have a dainty phone voice then won't she not have a dainty phone voice on face time? I would be careful she could be cat fishing you. See if she follows through with the meeting. Not talking on the phone is odd.

Platinum Member
    I would find it awkward to FaceTime with someone before meeting them in person.

You would multitask during a first phone call?

Would you multitask on a phone interview? I think not. I highly doubt she's cat fishing you if SHE wants a video chat. She may want a video chat because she's worried YOU are a catfish.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by limichelle
    If she doesn't have a dainty phone voice then won't she not have a dainty phone voice on face time? I would be careful she could be cat fishing you. See if she follows through with the meeting. Not talking on the phone is odd.
    Exactly. I better fade away from her

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I would find it awkward to FaceTime with someone before meeting them in person.
    She claims it would verify it's really me

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    You would multitask during a first phone call?

Would you multitask on a phone interview? I think not. I highly doubt she's cat fishing you if SHE wants a video chat. She may want a video chat because she's worried YOU are a catfish.
    When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by moneymkt
    When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.
    Why not?

Why wouldn't you want to focus solely on the conversation?

Seems like kind of a strange reason to not want to video chat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Give Advice
Ask For Advice