Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?

moneymkt
    Bronze Member

Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?

Met this lady on Craigslist and when I suggested we exchange numbers so we can set up a meeting she preferred face time. I have no interest in face time because I only have one computer. So that means I have to push everything to the side to focus on her. With the phone I can still do 3 things at once. Has anyone on here used face time before meeting?

LHGirl
    Forum Supporter
    If she won't meet for a quick cup of coffee or glass of wine, then move along.

3. Thanks LaHermes, ShatteredMan thanked for this post
    moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LHGirl [Register to see the link]
    If she won't meet for a quick cup of coffee or glass of wine, then move along.
    The meeting date is set I just wanted to chit chat so not I'm not too sure. She says she don't have a dainty phone voice? Lol

limichelle
    Platinum Member
    If she doesn't have a dainty phone voice then won't she not have a dainty phone voice on face time? I would be careful she could be cat fishing you. See if she follows through with the meeting. Not talking on the phone is odd.

MissCanuck
    Platinum Member
    I would find it awkward to FaceTime with someone before meeting them in person.

7. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    mustlovedogs
    You would multitask during a first phone call?

Would you multitask on a phone interview? I think not. I highly doubt she's cat fishing you if SHE wants a video chat. She may want a video chat because she's worried YOU are a catfish.

9. Thanks Dahl, Cope, nsolo, LaHermes, faraday, SherrySher thanked for this post
    moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limichelle [Register to see the link]
    If she doesn't have a dainty phone voice then won't she not have a dainty phone voice on face time? I would be careful she could be cat fishing you. See if she follows through with the meeting. Not talking on the phone is odd.
    Exactly. I better fade away from her

moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCanuck [Register to see the link]
    I would find it awkward to FaceTime with someone before meeting them in person.
    She claims it would verify it's really me

moneymkt
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]
    You would multitask during a first phone call?

Would you multitask on a phone interview? I think not. I highly doubt she's cat fishing you if SHE wants a video chat. She may want a video chat because she's worried YOU are a catfish.
    When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moneymkt [Register to see the link]
    When I talk on the phone I still can look at my computer and tv while talking. I would never video chat since I would be able to do only that.
    Why not?

Why wouldn't you want to focus solely on the conversation?

Seems like kind of a strange reason to not want to video chat.

14. Thanks mustlovedogs, Dahl, LaHermes, SherrySher thanked for this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
I've Made A Mess!
A few weeks ago I went on the best date I have ever experienced. He brought me flowers and we walked on the beach. We had a blast! He kept saying it
Senior people dating problems
Broke up with my ex over silly communication problems 6 months ago and have been heartbroken since as I really love him. We are in our golden years
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
First date and sparks?
Hello! I was wondering. If you don't feel a spark on a first date, can it happen afterwards? I've felt sparks on first dates and usually when
Could you really start a life with someone with a different love language than y
I've been thinking about this for a while now. Been dating many people for years. All have diff love languages and ways they express themselves. My
Going on a date with someone you're not super into
So there is this guy at the gym who asks me out basically every time he sees me. I've never outright said no, but I say things like "I'm just so
Dating again - opening up again
It's been ~5months since my breakup and I'm going on a date tomorrow with a very nice girl, someone who has the potential to be a something serious

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
HELPPP!!! Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue
hi. REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. my boyfriend recently broke up with me out of the blue and we were dating for 2.5 years. everything was
Why does this bother me so much?
Hey guys. So gf of 7 years has left me for another guy again long story short and some of you know the long. So I did the unhealthy habit of looking
My girlfriend of 3 years just told me she is polyamorous
I have no idea how to feel about it. She assured me she didn't want to force it on me and could live monogamously with me but the thought of
Dealing with inconsiderate, selfish people from dawn till dusk.
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but here it is. Lately my life seems to be about dealing with people who are inconsiderate. From
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
Ask For Advice