What would you do? With comments like this.

I have a family friend for years who always looks at my social media posts. She is close to 40 yrs old. She shows her mother anything I post. Her mother is my mothers friend. So my mother then gets confronted by her mother about anything I do. They seem to have no life. They look at my posts all the time. So this really bugs me... thats the first part...

Fast forward to yesterday. This family friend shows my recent picture to her mom . Her mother skinny shamed me to my own mother saying hurtful things like I look "anorexic and sick". It hurt very bad and angered me hearing what she told my mother. She had some nerve . She said I looked terrible. This is a family friend of 30 yrs. This isnt the first time she skinny shamed me in public and behind my back. Both her and her daughter are well overweight. 5 foot tall and into the 280 plus range. I find it very wrong on many levels. I eat right and exercise . I think its wrong that skinny shaming is overlooked.why is it ok for an overweight person to say u are anorexic, and not ok for me to say ur overweight ?Thats just one element. Secondly, they always take my info back to my mom. Very nosy...

Im going to block them from my media. But how would u all handle a person like this? Would u confront them or let it go and just block on social media? Like i said ,they are friends since Im born so kind of will always be in my life by default.

Close down your current page and reopen a new one and if they ask for you to friend them, ignore it. Or: Keep the old one and start a new one with a different screen name. The old page will have no new activity for them to diss.

Tell me, what did your mother say to this woman when she told her that you looked anorexic. If I were your mother I would take a passive aggressive approach with this so called family friend and I would have kindly or rather matter of factly pointed out that you were eating healthily and avoiding obesity as you knew the health risks of being over-weight. End of conversation

Personally, I would just block them.

If they have such a habit that they love looking at your Facebook and gossiping, they will notice they've been blocked. You will have taken their hobby away. If they ask why they are blocked, I would be straightforward and just say that you feel there is a lot of chatter between the three of them and it's always drama when you post. I wouldn't hide it.

But personally, I would not confront them. Blocking solves the problem. But... I am not an overly confrontational person (unless I need to be)

I thought of just blocking them but their gonna likely start whining to her mother that they've been blocked.

Good! Lol!

It's not hard to understand that going to your mom, who goes to another person's mom, who then comes back to you about it is incredibly annoying. You can even have a sense of humor about it "yeah - Sorry - cutting off Bobsy twins" or whatever.

Close down your current page and reopen a new one and if they ask for you to friend them, ignore it. Or: Keep the old one and start a new one with a different screen name. The old page will have no new activity for them to diss.

Tell me, what did your mother say to this woman when she told her that you looked anorexic. If I were your mother I would take a passive aggressive approach with this so called family friend and I would have kindly or rather matter of factly pointed out that you were eating healthily and avoiding obesity as you knew the health risks of being over-weight. End of conversation

Yes good one!!👍 lol....My mother was taken off guard and told them I did not lose any weight. She said I dont know what u are talking about. Also told her you guys are just jealous lol but I honestly didnt think she reacted the way I wish she did...something along the lines of what u wrote! I feel its wrong because they gain weight all the time and we would never say such a thing. Its just wrong...period. I am def going to block them or start a new page. Either or..... Thanks

What did your mother say to her "friend" when she said you looked anorexic? Does your mother have the strength to tell her that her comments are hurtful or will she just let her ramble on inappropriately? If she's the former, then just block them. If she's the latter then do some stealth planning to eliminate them from your 'active' social media.

Sorry, was posting the same time you did and didn't see the post above until I hit send..

What did your mother say to her "friend" when she said you looked anorexic? Does your mother have the strength to tell her that her comments are hurtful or will she just let her ramble on inappropriately? If she's the former, then just block them. If she's the latter then do some stealth planning to eliminate them from your 'active' social media.

Sorry, was posting the same time you did and didn't see the post above until I hit send..

Yeah I was upset with my mother. These 2 are like bullies and my mother doesnt put them in their place. If this was me I'd say much more. Thats why a part of me wants to say something and the other part of me wants to just block. If they ask why they're blocked, then I feel like saying you talk too much about me. You guys arent real friends.

If it was my i would tell them to F off in a civil manner.

me personally, i dont have time for drama or bs like that. anyone brings drama to my life, you are getting blocked, if you want to know the reason

I am here to tell you.

its social media , its not the end of the world.

Yeah I was upset with my mother. These 2 are like bullies and my mother doesnt put them in their place. If this was me I'd say much more. Thats why a part of me wants to say something and the other part of me wants to just block. If they ask why they're blocked, then I feel like saying you talk too much about me. You guys arent real friends.

You best talk that over with your mother before you say something like that. Have you told your mother how you feel and what you would like to do?

If it was my i would tell them to F off in a civil manner.

me personally, i dont have time for drama or bs like that. anyone brings drama to my life, you are getting blocked, if you want to know the reason

I am here to tell you.

its social media , its not the end of the world.

I like your approach. That's true !!

You best talk that over with your mother before you say something like that. Have you told your mother how you feel and what you would like to do?

Yeah we talked it over and she agrees with the blocking. She said if they ask why she's going to tell them I did not like their comments about me. This spying stuff has been going on. They are always in my business . But this topped it off with the skinny shaming.

My family recently blocked my mom's family (my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) because they were making rude comments about my sister's sexuality.

They called me, left a nasty voicemail, and I deleted it.

If they won't show basic human respect, they don't deserve my kindness. And this is FAMILY - not just a friend. Block and don't look back.

My family recently blocked my mom's family (my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) because they were making rude comments about my sister's sexuality.

They called me, left a nasty voicemail, and I deleted it.

If they won't show basic human respect, they don't deserve my kindness. And this is FAMILY - not just a friend. Block and don't look back.

Sorry to hear that. So wrong!!! It really is crazy how some people act. Thank you...I won't look back .

Your Mom is an adult, not 12. She's capable of choosing her own friends, and if she purposefully keeps company with opinionated people, I'd tell that I trust her ability to handle her own relationships, and I wish to hear no reports of anything negative coming out of her dealings with them.

You are also an adult, not 12. If you don't want people to gossip about the things you post to the public, then use discretion in what you post, and adjust your privacy settings accordingly.

Be aware of your own attraction to drama and your own manipulation in any matters that are unappealing to you. It makes no sense to deliberately set 'stuff' into motion and then complain about the outcomes. The only control we have is over our Selves. We can use discretion in our own behavior, and we can set limits on the information we're willing to receive about others. The rest is irrelevant.

Personally, I would just block them.

If they have such a habit that they love looking at your Facebook and gossiping, they will notice they've been blocked. You will have taken their hobby away. If they ask why they are blocked, I would be straightforward and just say that you feel there is a lot of chatter between the three of them and it's always drama when you post. I wouldn't hide it.

But personally, I would not confront them. Blocking solves the problem. But... I am not an overly confrontational person (unless I need to be)

This ^ BLOCK, BLOCK, B L O C K! They are obviously jealous of you since they're both fat and you're in shape. I've had this done to me since my teens because I've always exercised and taken care of myself as bet I can, but it stings fat girls eyes. Beat those f*ckers at their own game and STOP their peeping into your life!

This ^ BLOCK, BLOCK, B L O C K! They are obviously jealous of you since they're both fat and you're in shape. I've had this done to me since my teens because I've always exercised and taken care of myself as bet I can, but it stings fat girls eyes. Beat those f*ckers at their own game and STOP their peeping into your life!

Thank you so much. U actually get it and go through it too! I also dealt with this my whole life. I exercise and choose not to be fat, and they in particular are always equaling this with a "problem" or I dont eat. They withhold compliments. Never say I look nice etc. I agree. I actually found out how to block individually on fb so they wont see any future posts. I also blocked completely on instagram . If they ever say why are u not posting, Im going to say why.

Archived