Please advice

We used to grow up together and used to be really good friends when we were young. When I was about 16 he said that he liked me etc but at that time I didn't want to do anything and felt I was too young. (It's a cultural thing though) after that we lost contact and about three months ago he found me on FB and we started to talk.

This happened after 20+ years. He was quite surprised to find out that I was a single mum and raising a child alone. Anyway he is in Canada and I am in Australia. When we met he was separated from his wife and living alone. Anyway once we started talking we could simply start from where we stopped and I believed we both had great chemistry. We talked almost everyday for hours and he said that he still had feelings for me as I was his first love etc. I infact liked him a lot and we seemed to agreeing on a lot of things in life.

Last Tuesday when I called I felt he was a bit distanced and after about an hour to our talk he said he had to go but will call me once he come back. He called me about 12.30 am from his time and said he would call me tomorrow. I said that tomorrow is going to be very difficult for me to talk and I would call him on Saturday. But on Friday I just called him but he didn't pick it up so I sent a message. Saturday again I called and he said he is busy now but will call back in about 30 mints. I waited the whole day but he didn't call me. And then today I sent a few messages asking if he was ok and though I could see him on line he didn't reply or call me. However he liked some of the posts that I put on FB this morning. I am at a lost now. I know some of his cousins who live in different countries and he had told them that he found me on FB etc and those cousins called me and congratulated me. Why would he want to do all these and now stop talking to me. I am trying to find the reasons and at a lost to figuring out as to what to do next. Please help.

The LDR probably filled a void for him for a while, but now sees the reality of closing the gap maybe isn't realistic for him. Perhaps he's met someone local. If a relationship is regressing instead of progressing, then you have your answer. If you want clarification, get it from him, or let him fade away. If he wants to stay in your life, tell him what it takes to get your needs met, but for me, if someone doesn't look forward to speaking to me at least once a day, they are really not that into me.

Archived