Today is my 35th birthday!

limichelle

So I have been learning to love myself by taking care of myself. I met a guy today from an online dating site. As I sat on the meet. I realized not only did he and I hit it off which was awesome. But that if we didn't hit it off I would be okay. With that thought process I could relax and not question everything and be myself and let loose. Before I would have freaked out if things didn't meet these grand expectations I used to set up in my mind.

So because I was me and not awkward he felt like he could be himself and I was asked out on an official date for next weekend.

I'm realizing this year that while I still have 85 pounds left to lose I'm liking being in my own skin. In my twenties I hated the way I looked and was. When I hit my 30s some of that disdain went away.

But it really wasn't until this past April that I had a revelation that at the end of the day I have myself. Myself to attend too. I'm eating healthier and exercising subconsciously. The more you appreciate and know your worth the easier it is to attain your goals. Of course that's not new knowledge it's just not easy to grasp or learn.

So I'm 35 and looking forward to the next chapter.

I don't fear growing old, I fear not living the age I turn to its full potential.

Lisa

Archived