Olanzepine

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do NOT go off your meds unless recommended by a psychiatrist .

believe ME! I do not plan on coming off without doctor's supervision, but I know what my brain is like without it and there is NO WAY! that I am stopping it. NO WORRIES! I just wanted to see if anyone would share their experiences .

Because, Vesper, your doctor is a qualified person. No one here can give you this kind of advice nor should they.

I am not looking for professional advice, I am only looking for a community of people that maybe I can relate to in a way.

A lot of bipolar people are known for yo-yoing their meds and believing they are cured once a med makes them feel OK . My dad being one of them.

I understand that feeling. I do not plan on stopping, I know I need the meds for the rest of my life. Thanks Seraphim!

Because, vesper, let's say someone here says, oh, I went off it, and I was fine. Even better! And you decide to take that advice for yourself, and do some experimentation.

That's not only unhealthy, it's dangerous.

I'm not the board police, but I'll repeat: Please ask your DOCTOR about the possible side effects of going off, or tapering, or whatever you're looking to do. Or google it.

By asking here, you are putting people in the very bad situation of giving you dangerous advice.

Because, vesper, let's say someone here says, oh, I went off it, and I was fine. Even better! And you decide to take that advice for yourself, and do some experimentation.

That's not only unhealthy, it's dangerous.

I'm not the board police, but I'll repeat: Please ask your DOCTOR about the possible side effects of going off, or tapering, or whatever you're looking to do. Or google it.

By asking here, you are putting people in the very bad situation of giving you dangerous advice.

I can't believe people think it is dangerous.

THanks LHGirl!

I'm much newer here than you are, and so I do see that you probably have made many more friends than I.

Having said that, I still don't want to see anyone hurt because someone else gives them bad advice that they may follow.

Let's say this was a diabetes drug, and you were simply asking feedback. And you received feedback that people went off of it, they felt fine, and they went on to live happy lives. And from that feedback, you decided to do your own experimentation, which could result in diabetic coma, or ketoacidosis, etc.

Your condition is a medical one, and it's irresponsible for anyone other than a medical professional to give advice.

I'll add one more thing, and then I'll stay off this thread: I have someone very near & dear to me who is considering tapering off of their depression meds. This person has asked me all kinds of advice, and I give them the same advice I gave you. I begged them to see their doctor.

I'll add one more thing, and then I'll stay off this thread: I have someone very near & dear to me who is considering tapering off of their depression meds. This person has asked me all kinds of advice, and I give them the same advice I gave you. I begged them to see their doctor.

Do not WORRY, I have tried to come off it twice on my own and I did not do well so this time I am consulting with my doctor, I PROMISE!

What's yours Vesper? L.

"OP, you already have a number of threads on more or less the same topic (which is against the rules, which was pointed out to you before). Putting a different spin on it, and using a few different words still makes it the same topic. You have tons of advice in your previous threads - please refer to those. Thanks. Thread closed."

You are heading in this direction again Vesper.

I merely said as LH said, we cannot give medical advice here.

Do not WORRY, I have tried to come off it twice on my own and I did not do well so this time I am consulting with my doctor, I PROMISE!

I am so glad to hear that! I am not arguing with you; I'm genuinely concerned. I firmly believe there are chemical issues in the brain which cause the doctor to prescribe these meds, and your doctor knows you best.

What's yours Vesper? L.

"OP, you already have a number of threads on more or less the same topic (which is against the rules, which was pointed out to you before). Putting a different spin on it, and using a few different words still makes it the same topic. You have tons of advice in your previous threads - please refer to those. Thanks. Thread closed."

You are heading in this direction again Vesper.

I merely said as LH said, we cannot give medical advice here.

Thank you but I believe in the freedom of Speech, I am American so I guess Eurpopeans wouldn't know about freedom of speech.

Archived