Online dating safety tips please and also VENT

cybergurl

I am looking for dating safety tips or advice... It has been few days since I signed up for POF. It is free, and I am not going to pay to upgrade it. I posted only four pictures of myself. I got overwhelmed with numerous "Someone wants to meet you" notifications, and I also got 10 messages a day. Few guys added me as their favorites. Several guys tried to resend me messages because I didn't answer them. I ignored many messages. I talked to only few guys.

One of them already wanted to meet me. We could adventure such as having car ride, but I find it as a red flag. I want to have a simple date like coffee shop where people are around.

Another guy kept saying that he is not like men, and he had been b****ing about his life. Several times, he asked me if we could text because he claimed that he is old-fashioned and doesn't use POF app on his phone. I told him I prefer POF messaging, so he respected my wish. Later, he asked me for more photographs. It is just like, "Why?"

A different guy preferred using text messages, so I told him I prefer using POF messenger for now. He respected my wish.

Today, a new guy and I did hit off well. He asked me to add him on the FB, so I told him I am not going to add him on the FB until after few times to meet up. He claimed that he wasn't going to spam or say weird things on the FB. He said I could unfriend him if we were not compitable, not even on level of friendship...no hard feelings. That is not my point. I am a private person. I didn't answer him. I was going to explain why, and then he sent me another message. He wanted to see more photographs because I am attractive. Why did he need more photographs? I posted CLEAR pictures of my face. In person, he can see more of me if we ever meet up.

Do you know what is funny? A lot of extremely attractive guys seek for sex. I expected that a lot of hideous guys would look for sex, but it is actually the opposite. One attractive guy messaged me and implied that he wanted sex. Another attractive guy said he is not going to lie but all he is looking for is sex. I didn't bother responding to their messages because I am concerned about STDs, and I don't want to have hookups with online guys. Period. Also, attractive guys messaging you about sex sound very suspiciously... What if they were trying to trick me and it turned out they are bad guys? I am not going to risk for it.

I decided to look up for POF safety tips. It turned out that my instinct was right.. NEVER let them to move conversations from platform to texting, Facebook, and etc. Be web wise... I am glad I never gave them my personal contact information and insisted that we should stay on the platform for conversations.

All I wanted is to have few fun dates, but online guys are not trusted... Do you think I was just overreacting or I did really see right through those guys?

I'll bullet-point my answers as you've asked a lot of things in there

- Yes, don't bother upgrading POF. From what you're saying, you're attractive and will no doubt get hundreds of emails every day from everyone. The general 'way of the world' is that people are shallow and will tend to go by looks initially so on that point, you'll be quite popular but on the other hand, all those guys that are not attractive will mass-mail people (writing to everyone on that site) in the hope that at least one will reply. So there really is no need to upgrade.

- ONLY meet in public places, like as you said, in coffee shops for example. They'll pester you to meet up in secluded parks or go round to their places. DON'T. Get to know them first, gauge their personalities... you seem smart, you'll realise very quickly who are just after sex. Some guys have the *I spent money on dinner, therefore I expect sex* rule... others have the *three date* rule... but don't be pressured.

- As for photos... both genders will ask. People lie a LOT on these sites so don't feel bad when they ask for lots of pictures. You'll notice how different people can look in even three photos. I've noticed women are bad at this (sorry) - they'll post pics that are five years old thinking they haven't changed much when actually, they have! I'm sure this is true for guys. It is simply them trying to work out what you *really* look like. Facebook is a good way to do this as it will show them your most recent pics... and pics of you at your worst. As a rule, if looks are your main thing, judge by their worst pic, that's often the truth.

- If a guy thinks you're attractive though, of course he's going to ask for more! - ok, some will try to *nudge* the conversation to dirty pics but as I said, don't be pushed into that. It's human nature... when you like something, you want more of it.

- Facebook is obviously a way of trying to find out more information about you so be careful! I'd be lying if I said I didn't try to Google someone after finding out something. These people are strangers to you and you are to them, and it's so easy to lie online. If I'm honest, I'd encourage searching for them. Just be careful how much information you give. It literally just takes a first name and saying you go to xxx University for example for them to be able to find a department, last name, list of colleagues... whatever. BE CAREFUL. I've dodged several bullets by doing a bit of a quick google search. Guys get worried girls aren't who they say they are too! Some will say that's creepy but if you uncover a marriage or criminal history (as I have found! - not joking!), why not. It's your call though.

- And attractive guys (like attractive girls) are used to getting what they want, so often come with the attitude, arrogance and highly-sexual personalities. They've probably had many dates and lots of sex so will be pushy and open about what they want because chances are, they'll get it with many girls. The less-attractive guys have to play a more subtle game, being more romantic, attentive and 'relationshippy'... Obviously you get both ends of the scale with all types. Go by your instincts.

I think the line "All I wanted is to have few fun dates" is a bit worrying as a guy though. It makes it sound like you're just after the attention and 'free dates'. Maybe that is coming across in your profile...

It's been a long time since I went online dating and to be honest, I never want to again. As a guy, you can't just pick a couple of girls, send them messages and hope you get a date. I ended up just sending all the girls messages in hope of getting at least a small handful of responses, then spending the money to contact them further only to have most of them ignore or not respond.

There there is the clear understanding that every guys is spamming every girl and ever girl has a list of the top ten she is choosing from to go on a date, so as a guy it's all about competing to be in that top ten. I'm not talking about the guys that are just after sex here.

Then when you have finally got a date, you are still competing with the other guys she has decided to take on a date.

What I am ultimately getting at here is, it's about getting in front of your face as fast as possible in hope you will stay there. And it aint much fun for us guys sitting in the background hoping some nice girl will take the time to check out our profile.

I've only used dating apps and not websites, but I think that most of the "rules" and precautions apply. I'll just say some general ones that I've learned through my experience:

- Always meet in public places and always make sure that you have your own ways of getting there and out. Don't accept that guys pick you up in their car on the first date(s)

- For first dates it's usually better something that can be "fast" in case there's no chemistry there or you're not enjoying the date. Things like going for a coffee are good options. I usually avoid going dinner or "longer" stuff on the first date... because if it's not enjoyable it can become awkward sitting for an hour or two having dinner

- Many will try to meet you late at night or at their places. Avoid.

- Avoid guys who will talk with you forever but stale on meeting in person. Those are time wasters regardless if their profiles are true or not. Try to meet the ones you're interested in I'd say in the first 2 weeks if possible (this is not a rule, but I think that after a little back and fourth conversation you're ready to meet in person, instead of creating an online fantasy)

- You did well in avoiding texting and instead using the POF messenger. At first it's important to avoid giving personal information to these strangers (that's what they are at first) and this includes social media.

- Many guys are looking for sex, of course, just like in real life.

- Many guys will ask for pictures or your social media and that's normal because that's what people do to avoid catfishers and other online schemes. You need to gauge for yourself if they're asking them for "sexual reasons" or if their concern is legit. I'd say avoid sending any kind of intimate picture. Also avoid those guys as I said that not only stale to meet in person but ask for "sexy pictures" or try to have sexual conversations (sexting) before you meet

- It's good that you found a guy who was honest about his sexual intentions. At least if you're not interested you can make the inform decision of not going on a date with him. I prefer finding these honest guys than the ones who pretend that they're interested in meeting you and in something more but then they're just after sex.

- Select the ones you like. It's ok, usually women receive lots of messages while men usually have to send messages to lots of women to get a few responses.

Yes, online dating is a bit of a different world and you'll find many creeps and guys looking for sex. However this happens in real life too. In real life if you meet a guy in a bar or any other place, nothing can guarantee that he's not a creep or that he's not just looking for sex. The thing is that when it comes to online, people feel more comfortable behind the screens to go the extra mile whereas in real life people tend to be more shy and careful.

I'll bullet-point my answers as you've asked a lot of things in there

- Yes, don't bother upgrading POF. From what you're saying, you're attractive and will no doubt get hundreds of emails every day from everyone. The general 'way of the world' is that people are shallow and will tend to go by looks initially so on that point, you'll be quite popular but on the other hand, all those guys that are not attractive will mass-mail people (writing to everyone on that site) in the hope that at least one will reply. So there really is no need to upgrade.

- ONLY meet in public places, like as you said, in coffee shops for example. They'll pester you to meet up in secluded parks or go round to their places. DON'T. Get to know them first, gauge their personalities... you seem smart, you'll realise very quickly who are just after sex. Some guys have the *I spent money on dinner, therefore I expect sex* rule... others have the *three date* rule... but don't be pressured.

- As for photos... both genders will ask. People lie a LOT on these sites so don't feel bad when they ask for lots of pictures. You'll notice how different people can look in even three photos. I've noticed women are bad at this (sorry) - they'll post pics that are five years old thinking they haven't changed much when actually, they have! I'm sure this is true for guys. It is simply them trying to work out what you *really* look like. Facebook is a good way to do this as it will show them your most recent pics... and pics of you at your worst. As a rule, if looks are your main thing, judge by their worst pic, that's often the truth.

- If a guy thinks you're attractive though, of course he's going to ask for more! - ok, some will try to *nudge* the conversation to dirty pics but as I said, don't be pushed into that. It's human nature... when you like something, you want more of it.

- Facebook is obviously a way of trying to find out more information about you so be careful! I'd be lying if I said I didn't try to Google someone after finding out something. These people are strangers to you and you are to them, and it's so easy to lie online. If I'm honest, I'd encourage searching for them. Just be careful how much information you give. It literally just takes a first name and saying you go to xxx University for example for them to be able to find a department, last name, list of colleagues... whatever. BE CAREFUL. I've dodged several bullets by doing a bit of a quick google search. Guys get worried girls aren't who they say they are too! Some will say that's creepy but if you uncover a marriage or criminal history (as I have found! - not joking!), why not. It's your call though.

- And attractive guys (like attractive girls) are used to getting what they want, so often come with the attitude, arrogance and highly-sexual personalities. They've probably had many dates and lots of sex so will be pushy and open about what they want because chances are, they'll get it with many girls. The less-attractive guys have to play a more subtle game, being more romantic, attentive and 'relationshippy'... Obviously you get both ends of the scale with all types. Go by your instincts.

I think the line "All I wanted is to have few fun dates" is a bit worrying as a guy though. It makes it sound like you're just after the attention and 'free dates'. Maybe that is coming across in your profile...

Thank you for your time and all of your details in your post. I appreciate it so very much!

-I don't know if I am attractive though, but guys still messaged me and told me I am. Of course, I'd meet up in public places only. Yeah about their "rules." I wouldn't buy that.

-I wouldn't ask for more pictures though. I mean we can meet up in person and judge. If one of them doesn't like the way they look, we can simply stop talking haha. Personally, I noticed some people looked more attractive in pictures and horrible in other pictures, but best or worst pictures weren't always what they look in person. I did post my recent pictures. One was one or two weeks old. Another one was 3-4 days ago. I also posted a picture I felt self-conscious about. I hated my smile, but I still got messages... In all of pictures, they could see my acne. I am still battling with my acne for many years. People's recommendations to cure acne don't work. I didn't even wear makeup. Wait... Maybe they thought those pictures are old because I look like a young teenage since I said I am 25. In real life, people mistook me for a teenage girl but I am actually in my mid-20's. lol I have a baby face, and I am also short and small. Or perhaps they thought that finding a skinny woman like me is too good to be true. I remember I heard about stories that women lied about their weight and claimed that they are skinny, so I don't blame on those guys.

-Yes, I wondered about marriage and criminal record. If I got their personal information, I would google them too. Yikes, good thing you discovered about their marriage or even criminal history! Or.... they may be minors who pretend to be adults. Creepy, right?

-Make sense about attractive people. Well, I am not going to give them what they want haha. They may have a high number of sex partners, so watch out for STDs. And I agree about average or unattractive guys.

Of course, I did not put down the line "All I wanted is to have few fun dates" on my profile. Sorry, I should have clarified. I just wanted dating, so it is like a journey until I find the right guy. It can turn into a serious relationship. I don't have any dating experience, so I tried to give it a shot since my friends told me nothing is wrong with going on few dates to get to know what I really want in a relationship. Of course, I'm not going to have sex with anyone. Interesting, from guys' perspective, it looks like women are just after attention and "free dates." As you said, guys are concerned about women if they lied about who they are, so both sides do not trust each other... It makes online dating sites tougher. Oh, well lol.

It's been a long time since I went online dating and to be honest, I never want to again. As a guy, you can't just pick a couple of girls, send them messages and hope you get a date. I ended up just sending all the girls messages in hope of getting at least a small handful of responses, then spending the money to contact them further only to have most of them ignore or not respond.

There there is the clear understanding that every guys is spamming every girl and ever girl has a list of the top ten she is choosing from to go on a date, so as a guy it's all about competing to be in that top ten. I'm not talking about the guys that are just after sex here.

Then when you have finally got a date, you are still competing with the other guys she has decided to take on a date.

What I am ultimately getting at here is, it's about getting in front of your face as fast as possible in hope you will stay there. And it aint much fun for us guys sitting in the background hoping some nice girl will take the time to check out our profile.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with online dating site. I have to admit it is true I message back few guys, not the rest of other guys. I did check their profiles before I decide to message back. I thought they sounded like nice guys, but it turned out they were after sex even if most of them didn't say it. They tried to move conversations to social media and ask me for more photographs. That sounded fishy, right?

Yeah, I heard that online dating site is tougher for guys, unfortunately.

I've only used dating apps and not websites, but I think that most of the "rules" and precautions apply. I'll just say some general ones that I've learned through my experience:

- Always meet in public places and always make sure that you have your own ways of getting there and out. Don't accept that guys pick you up in their car on the first date(s)

- For first dates it's usually better something that can be "fast" in case there's no chemistry there or you're not enjoying the date. Things like going for a coffee are good options. I usually avoid going dinner or "longer" stuff on the first date... because if it's not enjoyable it can become awkward sitting for an hour or two having dinner

- Many will try to meet you late at night or at their places. Avoid.

- Avoid guys who will talk with you forever but stale on meeting in person. Those are time wasters regardless if their profiles are true or not. Try to meet the ones you're interested in I'd say in the first 2 weeks if possible (this is not a rule, but I think that after a little back and fourth conversation you're ready to meet in person, instead of creating an online fantasy)

- You did well in avoiding texting and instead using the POF messenger. At first it's important to avoid giving personal information to these strangers (that's what they are at first) and this includes social media.

- Many guys are looking for sex, of course, just like in real life.

- Many guys will ask for pictures or your social media and that's normal because that's what people do to avoid catfishers and other online schemes. You need to gauge for yourself if they're asking them for "sexual reasons" or if their concern is legit. I'd say avoid sending any kind of intimate picture. Also avoid those guys as I said that not only stale to meet in person but ask for "sexy pictures" or try to have sexual conversations (sexting) before you meet

- It's good that you found a guy who was honest about his sexual intentions. At least if you're not interested you can make the inform decision of not going on a date with him. I prefer finding these honest guys than the ones who pretend that they're interested in meeting you and in something more but then they're just after sex.

- Select the ones you like. It's ok, usually women receive lots of messages while men usually have to send messages to lots of women to get a few responses.

Yes, online dating is a bit of a different world and you'll find many creeps and guys looking for sex. However this happens in real life too. In real life if you meet a guy in a bar or any other place, nothing can guarantee that he's not a creep or that he's not just looking for sex. The thing is that when it comes to online, people feel more comfortable behind the screens to go the extra mile whereas in real life people tend to be more shy and careful.

Thank you for all details with safety tips!! I am glad I avoided from those guys by my instinct. Some of those things you listed did not happen to me, but I am sure I'd avoid from them. I will keep your safety tips in my mind. Yeah, I agree about a guy who was being honest about his sexual intentions. I appreciated his honesty, so I wouldn't waste my time with him if he pretended to be a good guy who turned out to be after sex lol. He was also not wasting his time as well. He could look for another woman who is willing.

In real life, I never had dating experience actually lol. Well, few guys did hit on me and seem to be possibly after sex, so I did not give them attention. I am not into parties or bars. I once went to a night club when I was 19. One drunk guy did hit on me, so I got uncomfortable and avoided from him. In general, I am cautious. Again, thank you for all detailed safety tips!

Lots of good advice in these replies!

Yes, there are lots of people out there who just want to sleep with you!

When I was online dating, I clearly stated in my profile that anyone looking for a fling would just be wasting their time with me. Unfortunately, that isn't a deterrent for some people--they actually find it more attractive! So, you do have to keep your wits about you. Meet fast, but take it slow. The guys who are just looking for sex will drop out early. It sounds simple, but it's harder than it seems because some people are very attractive and charming, and mother nature is very, very persuasive.

Great input here. I only met in public places never got in his car or let him get in mine (hypothetically) , never met anyone in person who discussed sex in their profile or with me prior to meeting. And back then (over ten years ago) I required a last name and I typically googled my date. Any lies in the profile and I didn't meet.

In some states in the U.S. one can go to the websites for courts..if you have a first and last name one can find out whether they have speeding tickets, get information on divorces, etc. Came in handy for me when I had an inkling something was "off" with a guy I met online. Turns out he was married (not divorced as he told me) AND was on the registered sex offenders list (that I found out by googling) and had been in prison for that!

If you live in one of the states that allows the public to search court records, by all means DO SO!

In some states in the U.S. one can go to the websites for courts..if you have a first and last name one can find out whether they have speeding tickets, get information on divorces, etc. Came in handy for me when I had an inkling something was "off" with a guy I met online. Turns out he was married (not divorced as he told me) AND was on the registered sex offenders list (that I found out by googling) and had been in prison for that!

If you live in one of the states that allows the public to search court records, by all means DO SO!

Yikes!! I will check with my state if they have one. I have only first names from guys. Well, one guy sent me his FB link, so I saw his first and last name. Of course, I did not add him. Now I am going to google him... He stopped talking to me since I refused to move conversation off POF, so it is all good. I am not upset. I am just relieved.

I required a last name and I typically googled my date. Any lies in the profile and I didn't meet.

I would NEVER give my last name* to a "first date". Any more than a woman should give hers..

No one has ever asked at that early stage, and if they do, that's one less date I'm going on.

Basic common sense is good protection; early phone chat, meeting in public place, then maybe private information like family name. NEVER before. There are just as many women weirdos out there as there are men!

* I share my first name & surname with a famous actor so my Google score is in the millions. Good luck with that ;-)

I would NEVER give my last name* to a "first date". Any more than a woman should give hers..

No one has ever asked at that early stage, and if they do, that's one less date I'm going on.

Basic common sense is good protection; early phone chat, meeting in public place, then maybe private information like family name. NEVER before. There are just as many women weirdos out there as there are men!

* I share my first name & surname with a famous actor so my Google score is in the millions. Good luck with that ;-)

Maybe things have changed. Only one of the men refused. I didn't meet him. I met over 100 in person and most men I communicated with on the phone (hundreds) offered without asking. Of course this was only if we were going to meet in person. Not safe otherwise IMO.

Also OP do not leave your beverage-whether alcohol, coffee, etc, unattended (i.e. if you have to go to the restroom, finish your beverage first, etc).

I've been on probably 200 online dates. I even married one of 'em. My current boyfriend is one.

I've never googled one. And I've never had so much as an inkling of a security concern.

The basics, reiterated from above posters:

--No last names

--Meet in public, during the daylight hours if possible

--Park far enough away that your car isn't visible

--No social media connections of any type

--Use the site to talk back & forth for a couple of days AT MOST, then either meet, or move on

If they don't want to meet for even a quick cup of coffee after the first few days of messaging, just forget about them.

Photos: About 4-5 total, as long as they are recent, and include full body, are all that are needed. Requests for more photos = delete and move on.

While I've never had any security concerns, what I have had is just a lot of no-connections. Nice guys who either don't float my boat, or for whom I apparently don't float theirs. Sure, lots of guys who say we'll get together again and never call....no big deal, as I've not followed up on a few.

No reason to over analyze any of it. It's JUST A CUP OF COFFEE.

I've been on probably 200 online dates. I even married one of 'em. My current boyfriend is one.

I've never googled one. And I've never had so much as an inkling of a security concern.

The basics, reiterated from above posters:

--No last names

--Meet in public, during the daylight hours if possible

--Park far enough away that your car isn't visible

--No social media connections of any type

--Use the site to talk back & forth for a couple of days AT MOST, then either meet, or move on

If they don't want to meet for even a quick cup of coffee after the first few days of messaging, just forget about them.

Photos: About 4-5 total, as long as they are recent, and include full body, are all that are needed. Requests for more photos = delete and move on.

While I've never had any security concerns, what I have had is just a lot of no-connections. Nice guys who either don't float my boat, or for whom I apparently don't float theirs. Sure, lots of guys who say we'll get together again and never call....no big deal, as I've not followed up on a few.

No reason to over analyze any of it. It's JUST A CUP OF COFFEE.

I met over 100 men in person and close to that through personal ads. Security concerns I know about and through reliable sources:

date rape drug put in coffee (resulted in a rape)

I was harassed over email on a number of occasions

On one occasion I was uncomfortable in a car with a man (my fault for letting him drive me home)

I was assaulted in someone's home (went back to his place on the first official date after one meet -he harassed several of my friends as well.

When I have googled I've ended up cancelling:

one guy lied about his age

one had been convicted of a crime (came up on google)

I don't remember cancelling others based on google.

Back when I dated there typically weren't cell phones so without a last name if anything had happened to me there'd be nowhere to trace. And of course he could be using a trac phone, etc.

I met over 100 men in person and close to that through personal ads. Security concerns I know about and through reliable sources:

date rape drug put in coffee (resulted in a rape)

I was harassed over email on a number of occasions

On one occasion I was uncomfortable in a car with a man (my fault for letting him drive me home)

I was assaulted in someone's home (went back to his place on the first official date after one meet -he harassed several of my friends as well.

When I have googled I've ended up cancelling:

one guy lied about his age

one had been convicted of a crime (came up on google)

I don't remember cancelling others based on google.

Back when I dated there typically weren't cell phones so without a last name if anything had happened to me there'd be nowhere to trace. And of course he could be using a trac phone, etc.

Security and safety are absolutely top priority. At any time the dater feels the slightest bit of concern, it's time to shut it down, or if they feel threatened, to report it.

I've only used the site itself to message, so I've never had the harassing emails, although I have been harassed via the site. Most sites have a block feature, which I've used a lot.

I've done very stupid things years ago, like getting into a car too early, etc. And I completely agree on making sure you really know someone well prior to doing so.

What I started to find is that many men were also concerned for their security, as they are often victims as well.

What I also found is that online dating doesn't have to be this dark, scary place, but rather a fun way to spend a late afternoon. I have way too many examples of couples who are happily married from online dating to discount it. I had dinner with a guy friend just this week who would "never" do online dating, but 9 months ago, he broke down, and he's in the best relationship of his life with the sweetest, cutest, nicest girl.

But, safety is absolutely number one.

Same here -several friends met their spouses. I don't think doing things to make it safe makes it dark in the least and I didn't date online -I dated in person so the safety stuff was very similar to what I would have done in person. Back when I did it messaging on the site wasn't as practical. I did one or two phone calls and maybe a few emails and then we met.

I didn't look at it as a fun way to spend an afternoon since I only did it as one way to find a husband -means to an end. I had such sparse free time as well. So, sometimes it was fun, and I am still in touch with some of the people I first met through dating sites but mostly it was a part time job/means to an end.

Everyone, thank you all for sharing your experience with online dating sites! Yikes, online dating sites could be nightmares! I am sorry to hear what happened to some of you. Well, it was my nightmare, so I deleted my account last night. Yeah, I know one person married her husband and another person is engaged to her boyfriend. They both met from online dating sites. I am not sure about the rest of people. Oh, wait... Someone I know married her husband, but they met from online game.

If you wonder why I deleted my POF account last night, (not necessarily in order) 1. all guys were after me for sex. Perhaps, it is because I am lean so nobody will take me seriously. It is not different from real life. I never had a boyfriend, and some guys were interested in me for sex. I never gave what they want. Some guys thought I am too good for them. 2. I felt that POF is time-consuming so I didn't have much time to do my hobbies since I am on summer vacation from work now. I should enjoy my summer until I return to work in September. 3. I do not feel safe or comfortable with online dating site. I am going to continue to hope that I will meet a nice guy in old-fashioned way. I have to be a little active on my part like sending him signs. Wish me good luck lol.

Everyone, thank you all for sharing your experience with online dating sites! Yikes, online dating sites could be nightmares! I am sorry to hear what happened to some of you. Well, it was my nightmare, so I deleted my account last night. Yeah, I know one person married her husband and another person is engaged to her boyfriend. They both met from online dating sites. I am not sure about the rest of people. Oh, wait... Someone I know married her husband, but they met from online game.

If you wonder why I deleted my POF account last night, (not necessarily in order) 1. all guys were after me for sex. Perhaps, it is because I am lean so nobody will take me seriously. It is not different from real life. I never had a boyfriend, and some guys were interested in me for sex. I never gave what they want. Some guys thought I am too good for them. 2. I felt that POF is time-consuming so I didn't have much time to do my hobbies since I am on summer vacation from work now. I should enjoy my summer until I return to work in September. 3. I do not feel safe or comfortable with online dating site. I am going to continue to hope that I will meet a nice guy in old-fashioned way. I have to be a little active on my part like sending him signs. Wish me good luck lol.

Whatever works. I could not just rely on "old-fashioned" because my goal was marriage and I wanted to explore all options. And for me it was pretty old-fashioned since we met in person shortly after brief contact on line. Enjoy your summer!

Archived