LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Creepy or normal?

Originally Posted by Clio
    Not normal. Plus, this sounds like an unbalanced relationship. He is way older than you with two failed marriages yet you talk of him as if he is some helpless child that doesn't know any better and needs your protection.
    Yes I agree about the "not normal" part. But disagree with "unstable" I didn't intend to make it seem like I thought he was a hopeless child... hopeless man, sure. But I think we have a healthy relationship. I've compared it to other relationships I have witnessed. No cheating, pretty good communication, enjoyment of eachother's comoany, the feeling that you have someone who loves you even though you're not perfect and they don't have to love you. It's not perfect, we disagree on things, and sometimes I can be pushy and bossy, sometimes he gets frustrated at me for being pushy or bossy. But we work it out and have never been mad at each other for very long. We both enjoy spending time together and have some of the same hobbies, but we also don't keep each other from going to do their own things. When I think of an unstable relationship I don't picture my relationship with him, I'm not sure we will last together forever, but I do know that we are both happy at the moment.

Platinum Member
    Have you talked to him yet about this? I know you said you were going too. Just wondered if there was an update? I find it creepy as well.

Originally Posted by limichelle
    Have you talked to him yet about this? I know you said you were going too. Just wondered if there was an update? I find it creepy as well.
    Yes we talked about it. I tried to bring it up in a way that didn't seem like I was mad, because I'm not. He told me that it was because he was worried about me at this other house (it's not in a particularly good part of town) and it was his way of feeling close to me. He didn't seek out my underwear, they were just what he found on the floor. To be honest I felt kind of bad because he was really embarrassed, and I know and hate that feeling myself. He apologized and said he would never do it again. He hasn't lied to me, so I'm hoping that's the case. I'm still not entirely comfortable with it, but his answer eased that creeped out feeling a little bit. I'm going to trust my gut feeling that says everything is ok for now. I also saw him toss the hair in the trash. Also he's not doing magic with it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ShortGirl
    Yes we talked about it. I tried to bring it up in a way that didn't seem like I was mad, because I'm not. He told me that it was because he was worried about me at this other house (it's not in a particularly good part of town) and it was his way of feeling close to me. He didn't seek out my underwear, they were just what he found on the floor. To be honest I felt kind of bad because he was really embarrassed, and I know and hate that feeling myself. He apologized and said he would never do it again. He hasn't lied to me, so I'm hoping that's the case. I'm still not entirely comfortable with it, but his answer eased that creeped out feeling a little bit. I'm going to trust my gut feeling that says everything is ok for now. I also saw him toss the hair in the trash. Also he's not doing magic with it.
    So...how did he get your hair??

Now, isn't that a relief!

Also he's not doing magic with it.

I had left a pair of panties at my ex's. He washed them and kept them in a playful way. One day I am over there and I find them draped over the corner of the tv.
    It was placed there on purpose. We joked about him stealing my underwear more than once. It was all in good fun and I don't doubt there was some other benefits for him to have it as long as he did. But the difference here it was out in the open. . and all in good fun.\

I suppose if I found it they way you had it would entirely different.
    Your guy is probably no different then my ex other than being a little more shy about these things.
    The hair part. . .I can't address

"He told me that it was because he was worried about me at this other house (it's not in a particularly good part of town) and it was his way of feeling close to me. "

No matter. Humans are liable to do the oddest things......

Platinum Member
    The hair part. . .I can't address
    There's a very long tradition of keeping locks of hair from loved ones; I've had more than one request for such, especially if I was having it cut anyway. I'd guess the guy just felt a little coy about asking for hair, and acquired it by more subtle means. I doubt there's anything sinister in it.

As for the underwear... well, there is a flourishing market for used ladies' underwear, which would also be consistent with him keeping it in a bag and within easy reach in bed... as he says, it's probably his way of feeling close to you. I think I'll leave that one right there....

Locks of hair, of course, in a locket. This was hair off a hairbrush.......

As for the knickers, well, the OP says he said it made him feel close to her.

An aside: never, ever shall I forget the day I took one of my husband's suits to the dry cleaners, and the male assistant there went through all the pockets, as they do, and took my knickers out of the jacket pocket. I had forgotten to retrieve them from the pocket upon coming home after a night out. The things that can happen.......

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Locks of hair, of course, in a locket. This was hair off a hairbrush.......
    Not necessarily in a locket, and I'd guess that the hair off the hairbrush was for the same reason; having a part of the loved one. (Well, it's a bit more civilised than Van Gogh's ear I suppose...)

the male assistant there went through all the pockets, as they do, and took my knickers out of the jacket pocket. I had forgotten to retrieve them from the pocket upon coming home after a night out. The things that can happen.......
    (I would have put more of these smileys but the board wouldn't let me!)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice