Stuck in this situation

Last month my fiance returned the ring to me , said she was having doubts etc. A few days later while we were talking about what happened she asked to use my phone and saw a text to a female friend about how I feel hurt and embarrassed that she returned the ring. She said she was done took down all of our photos and threw them away right in front of me.

It's been like a month now and sadly I see her every day because we work together and drive together (yes I know). When we were together I sold my car since we lived so closed together and worked at the same place same hours but now the arrangement sucks. And because where I live to get to work transit is not a option until I get a car I'm stuck.

I try and implement some sort of NC I don't text or call. On the way to work I just keep silent and sing along to whatever songs are being played.

I'm working towards getting a car to get out of this situation but until then any tips?

I'm so sorry. What a painful situation, all around.

I know this is going to sound maybe crass or too coldly practical, but, can you sell the ring? And also, if you sold your car when the relationship was in agreement, what if you pose to her (not in these words) that since she has broken the agreement and put you in a difficult position financially on top of the emotional disruption, she might contribute financially to your purchase of another car?

There may be a commuter car available in your area for a reasonable price, from a private seller. Alternately, can you qualify for an auto loan? Car payments are a drag, but depending what you purchase, it can be manageable.

I would be so angry. You seem to be handling this very well, all things considered. For whatever it's worth, right now it's a blessing the wedding's off -- that she threw pictures away right in front of you was over the top and unnecessary cruelty.

Archived