"Messenger" App question for anyone

I deleted and blocked an old flame from every form of communication possible. In addition to blocking him on FB, I also deactivated my account for the summer. I recently signed up for messenger to stay in touch with a few people. It's the messenger app. It is NOT linked to Facebook, but it is linked to my phone number. It was a pain because people were on my friend list that I called once or they called me once. I finally figured out how to delete everyone that I didn't know.

And then I saw my ex's name on my friend list and it looked like he was "active". Again, he's not saved in my phone contacts, so I guess he was added simply because we've talked in the phone before. I deleted him, too. I'm wondering though, am I deleted from his end as well now or will he still see when I'm "active"? I'm not sure if he uses the app with his cell number or if it's just messenger with his FB account.

Yeah, I never want to hear from him again. If I'm showing up on his end, he will send me a message in the future. I will block him if that happens. I didn't know how to block until after I deleted him. I'd block him now, but I think I'd have to add him first which will notify him, which I do not want.

Yeah, I never want to hear from him again. If I'm showing up on his end, he will send me a message in the future. I will block him if that happens. I didn't know how to block until after I deleted him. I'd block him now, but I think I'd have to add him first which will notify him, which I do not want.

I think you can block without adding him. You just have to go to his fb page and choose the option to block and he'll be automatically blocked in messenger app. I know this because I've done it in the past when I figured out that just deleting wasn't enough.

I think if you simply delete him he'll still see when youre active. I'm saying this because one of the guys I dated last year, he deleted me from fb but I can somehow STILL see when he is active, he shows up in my messenger list as if he's still on my friend list.. but he's not!

SO weird!

Anyways you dont have to add someone to be able to block them. just go on his fb page and press the block button. Last time I checked, that definitely worked.

Archived