Thank you in advance! Going through a lot.

User12340987

Hello how are you all? Really want to talk about a situation with my ex boyfriend and I..we were living together for about a year and we were so happy. We had fun together and we clicked so well..you can kind of call it "soulmates"..every time I was with him I felt so young and peaceful...but I recently left him because of a stupid miscommunication. We were in the car and had a disagreement, but I felt like he wasn't trying to communicate and help resolve the conflict therefore I packed all my items and attempted to leave..the same night he told me to stay and come to bed with him and that he would talk about things with me the next day..so the next day came and after after class I told him I was on my way home (which I was 3 hours late because I was out shopping but he didn't know because I didn't communicate that with him so I assume he was upset). So as soon as I got home, he left to go to a concert with his friend and didn't come back home until 5 o'clock in the morning...so that hurt my feelings because he didn't even attempt to fix things with me first just because I came home late..and so I went to work the next day and texted him to let him know I'll be leaving the next day and he replied "we still didn't get to talk.." and I said "you weren't there for us to talk" and he replied "that's because I waited hours for you" and I asked him what he means and he said "nevermind I'll tell you later" and I told him no you need to speak now and he never replied which boiled my blood even more so the next day came and I packed all my things and he didn't even try to stop me...so I left. A month went by and I texted him to see how he was doing and we were chatting for a bit..I asked him to call me two days later and he said he would after he got home so I waited and waited but he never called or even texted me for days...so yesterday I texted him this message: "There is an immense possibility that you're still upset with me and rather not talk..I get it...And I dread doing this via text, but I apologize for everything negative that I've done in our past circumstances. I hurt my best friend and I didn't mean to..I was in a point in my life of confusion and if I could take it back I promise I would. Most importantly I want to say I'm sorry for walking away and leaving you stranded during a very tough time in your life. Knowing you were going through hardships and needed my support...I was just so broken..I needed you to be there to help fix me...but felt like you didn't truly understand exactly. And that unfortunately, was never properly disclosed. However, I still got your back. I've been praying for your wellbeing and hope that regardless of whatever challenges you're facing, you remember that God will heal everything in time without a doubt..follow your mind and heart. Live happy. You know I'm always here whenever or IF ever you decide to communicate, nonetheless I'll understand without judgement..p.s. I'm going to catch a movie this week and it'll be cool if you came..maybe release some stress. Positive vibes. Take care!"....he hasn't replied...I really miss him a lot...I miss him being there for me..I'm having so much problems at where I'm living at now..fights..have to leave by August...job has been stressing me out..and I feel like he's the only one who really understands me, however I feel like he doesn't care anymore..did he give up that easily? Did he already find someone new? It's so hard not having someone by your side through tough times..someone to motivate you when you're doubting yourself..I don't have family or anything like that to turn to so it's hard. I miss times being around him, but I don't wanna call and make him feel like I'm needy or he feels like he has control over me..or possibly reject me..What should I do? Thank you.

What was the initial disagreement in the car about?

Personally, and perhaps it's because once upon I time I admittedly was the one pulling such stunts myself, I've got no patience when it comes to mock break-ups or moving out. Like him, I might reach out the first time and suggest calming down overnight and talking about it later, but any encores and I'm all about not letting the door hit your ass on the way out. If the initial argument was relatively mundane, he simply may not see any room in his life for that drama, especially if, as you claim, he had a lot of other **** going on as it was.

You played chicken and he didn't budge. Unfortunately, that happens and it's often irredeemable when it does. I suppose you could wait a few days to see if he gets back to your message, but I'd encourage you to move on. There will be other good men.

Archived