Should I contact a friend who suddenly went silent on me?

Doobeegood

The last time I spoke to my friend he was telling me he was going to be in my town and he wanted me to visit him a few times. I agreed and we had a nice chat. The last thing I asked him was what day do you think you'll be here and he answered maybe Saturday. Well I never heard from him and I know for sure he was in town. Now it's been months and total silence. We used to be good friends or so I thought. I'm so confused how did we go from him asking to see me to no contact. I really want to contact him to understand what happened but maybe I shouldn't? I feel so hurt and I feel like giving up on him as a friend. Help!

Hmmm... is this really just a friend? No romantic or sexual undertones (past or present)?

If it's really just a platonic friend, I feel like the time to address this would have been 6 months ago? And I'm not sure why you are so upset? It doesn't sound like he was coming to town specifically to see you, so maybe he just got busy? You can contact him if you want, but I wouldn't be all confrontational about something that happened (or didn't happen) 6 months ago. The only caveat I would have is that you should recognize where you fall in the priority of his life (not very high) and set your expectations accordingly.

If there are romantic or sexual undertones and you are secretly hoping that it will develop into more - I would say you should let that ship go. Where you want to be in his life (#1) and where you actually are in his life (#572 or something) are too far apart. I don't think it will have a happy ending.

Just like redress posted just really depends on what you are looking for. I had a friend recently and began to developed feelings for. We went out on a couple dates and had a blast, but never quite knew where I stood with her. We went from talking and texting for about a month and her calls and texts began to slowly stop. I texted her two weeks ago just to see how she was doing and she responded but something just did not seem right. I decided to let it go and friends told me not to wait for her. Why set myself up to be hurt or pain that I could have avoided.

Archived