I recently went on a trip to louisiana and while I was there I asked my noyfriend if he was okay as he seemed to be coming off distant and just angry it seemed lately. He said he was fine and then he said he might be getting sick and thought he caught it from his nephew who just had it and i told him i hope it passes soon as he had just been sick the week prior. We are long distance. He is in alaska and i am in texas, he told methat he isnt happy and and feels he doesnt feel anything anymore for something that night feel will never happen. I have k own him for awhile as we use to work together and even deployed together. He always knew i was moving to texas. Well from there we got into it and he would just make remarks and then so on back and forth. We have been together for over a year and he has not been able to meet me and i have not been able too either as i am dealing with a legal issue from a certain military branch. I told him if he can't see me then i will see him first. I think he feels I'm lying and never planned on it, but I do! I was already planning on it before I even knew he moved back there! I thought he was still in colorado. Well i came back from louisana and call him after a few days to see where we stand i did leave him a last message though not blaming but owning up to my mistakes and i am truly sorry for my part. I called him and surprisex he answered and even asked whats wrong, i could hear the concern in his voice and i told him i wanted to talk to him before he went to work but said he went in early and i told him is it ok if i call or him later when hes not busy and he said ok. 2 hours later he told me that he wanted to call and take a break and wanted to hear from me and i asked him where do we stand? He said he didnt know either. I let him know i was back in texas as the signal in louisiana is bad and i told him i really really want this to work and if he does feel strongly about wanting to live in alaska permantantly i am willing to move, but only if I know we are more than ok and i told him the truth that scares me is if we didnt work out and i have no family there and far far away and he seemed like he understood. He knows i love him. We have never said it directly, but we both felt it was only right when in person which has not happened yet. I fell for him hard and I love him. I would never consider moving for a guy but this is honestly the worst i have felt with a breakup. He told me he just needs time to think ok? His words and he did sound caring but we have dated over a year, facetimed every night and even a lot of all nighters, but it going on four days today that i have not heard anything and im losing it crying all the time. This is the worst I have ever felt with any relationship. I just want to call or send a text seeing if he is okay to get a reaponse but i havent just yet. Cheating is completely out the way as I know he is not that type. Please tell me is there a good chance of us being ok? How many days should I wait for him? What do I say if I do contact him? i don't know what to do, but admitting what I did wrong. I did look at the messages we sent a few days and thoughtaybe i could of reacted differently or worded differently but i apologized over the phone. I've tried to keep myself busy, but everything reminds me of him and at night is the worse when all i do is look at the time and think he would be on his way home or we would be facetiming about that time. He always knew i was getting out as he has been out and i was skeptic in the beginning when he asked me for a chance since i thought long distance relationships were db or just lies, but honestly he has been the most supportive and understanding bf that I have had. I would panic in the beginning and ask him what if questions and hs response would always be we will get through. I am never letting you go. Now for him to just let go I feel like what happened to the positive guy i knew before this fight and two orher small ones we talked about.vv plleeeaaasee help ... i'm hurting and do not know what to do. Ive tried talking to friends, but i dont want to bring them down and i know they are busy as well and different time zones which is hard enough. I have no one to talk to at the moment and im fling apart and this isn't like me, but i just feel myself shattering every minute i still havent heard anything

If you haven't managed to see each other for a year, I don't think this will survive much longer, I'm afraid.

You say you've been dating, but really, that's not what this is. Dating would imply being together in person at least once in a while, spending quality time together, physical intimacy. I know you care a great deal for him, but most people would not find this sort of relationship very satisfying in the long run.

My guess is that he is pulling back not because he doesn't like you, but becasue he sees the logistics as being too difficult to overcome.

Archived