What does this breakup mean?

Confused1000

So my gf and I have dated for 2 years. We seemed to be pretty serious. We had met both families and even our families had met each other. We met in college and both live in different states and I've spent weeks living at her house as she has at mine. Anyway, this summer 2 weeks ago she sent me a text telling me she wanted to break up. She wouldn't accept a call or a FaceTime. She said she didn't want to be "guilted" into the relationship. She has ignored all texts. She deleted every picture of me off her instagram and her Facebook. She replied to a text and said she "Was happy because she felt free and could do whatever she wanted without me over her shoulder" this makes no sense because I am 8 hours away from her. This is extremely random and I don't understand, everything seemed fine until 2 weeks ago. What does she mean by this? Also, she deleted me off of Snapchat saying she "wanted to have fun guilt free"

Can anyone help me and understand what this means? Thanks

There were no issues at all prior to this? Her wording makes it sound as though she felt suffocated in the relationship, even at a distance. Did she ever previously express that she perhaps felt you were clingy or controlling or some such thing? I'm not saying you are, just trying to get better context for her comments.

If you can honestly look back and see no real warning signs, then my guess is that probably met someone else and deleted you everywhere to prevent you from finding out the truth.

She did say she felt I was too controlling. However she had cheated on me previously and I forgave her for doing so. She continued to talk to the person who she had cheated on me with and I told her to stop talking to him or I was leaving and she kept trying to say I was "controlling" because of that.

Archived