Am I at a Cross Roads?

Hi Everyone,

I am a very career oriented woman and run my own small businesses at only 22 yrs old. However now I have met a really wonderful guy who I adore, and see the rest of my life being spent with him.

My family have started many businesses themselves, and helped me get my own running. Now with me falling in love with my boyfriend they are telling me there is not much chance of having my own career anymore. I feel like first it is extremely sexist, and secondly its due to there fear of me growing up. I'm feeling very disheartened that they could be right... After years of working very hard to get where I am at.

Any successful female entrepreneur that still could have a family and follow there career?

Good grief, what planet are your family members from? I am female and my husband and I have had two businesses of our own for 22 years. We have worked hard and made successes of both. One of them is online and that is primarily mine tho he does do one portion of it.

Are you supposed to give up your businesses and go work at McDonalds? I cant begin to imagine what your family members are thinking. Lots of people, single or in relationships, have careers and businesses and work together or work apart. This is 2017 and you can have any type of job or business that you want to have. It's not up to others to tell you what you can or cannot do for work.

Your family members are not right. Perhaps you are supposed to sit home and have kids and spend your days doing laundry? You need to pursue your businesses how you see fit.

entrepreneur. single parent. woman. from a moderately sexist (i.e. not extreme) cultural heritage. work in an industry of male entrepreneurs.

your family is wrong, unless you believe them. the only thing in your way/all you need is your mind and your commitment.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Its helped me so much. I am glad that you guys don't think I can have only one, or the other My mother has threatened that yes I should quit and join the world of retail (Which there is nothing wrong with just not my cup of tea). Which is very frustrating when I am working very hard going to college full time, and running a business.

Archived