Rainchecking 1st date

Coolguy28

Ok so 2 weeks ago I somewhat reconnected with a girl that I was good friends with in high school. She popped up on my Facebook so I added her and messaged her seeing how she's been and so on. Then I asked her if she'd like to go out sometime, I gave a date I'd be avalible which is today, she said yes. So I set it up for this Saturday which is 2 weeks later for reasons I explained to her, I was very busy with some stuff until now. I texted on monday to set up a place and we did. Today is the day we were supposed to go out and she texted asking if it's ok to raincheck for another day and that she was swamped with some stuff today. I don't know if I'm being easily rejected or if maybe it's legit and she will maybe text me to make plans again.

Thanks. I told her that it was ok and I'd be up for it whenever for her to just let me know. I'm a little afraid that if I try again she may get the impression that I'm needy or something. And I let her slip through my fingers some years ago and I really don't want to again

Yea I know. Just sucks not knowing. I'm a really strong minded guy but I'm man enough to admit that I'm bummed over it. There's always that one person you meet at some point in your life that doesn't leave your mind and she's it for me. Maybe I'll try again in a few days. I just dont understand the whole stand up thing, why not just tell someone at the start? It's much easier and much more respectful

I just dont understand the whole stand up thing, why not just tell someone at the start? It's much easier and much more respectful

Don't think like this, she could be telling the truth, this happens all the time! Try asking her out again when you feel like it and you will see.

Archived