Run of the mill, typical does he like me?

Laverna

Hi,

Thanks for clicking in this for whatever reason your interested in a 14 year-old girl's life. See, there's this boy (there usually is in this kind of things) that I've liked for almost three years now. We're good friends or at least I believe we are, and even though we have lived in different countries for a year I still really like him. We started texting a lot since a month ago (pretty much every day) and then he suggested to visit me for a while and live in my house for two weeks. He kept saying that he was really exited and thanked me a lot. He even made a list of movies he wanted us to watch together. When I moved away, I kind of hinted that I liked him but was too much of a coward to actually tell him. This means he probably knows how I felt (he would have to be daft not to and believe me, the boy has brains) and I don't think he would say all of those things if he saw me as friend because it would be really cruel and he's one of the nicest people I've met. I just want to be really sure he likes me before I do anything because my feelings for him go way past a simple crush so what do you guys think?

Thank you for bearing through this post

there's this boy (there usually is in this kind of things) that I've liked for almost three years now. We're good friends or at least I believe we are, and even though we have lived in different countries for a year I still really like him. We started texting a lot since a month ago (pretty much every day) and then he suggested to visit me for a while and live in my house for two weeks. He kept saying that he was really exited and thanked me a lot. He even made a list of movies he wanted us to watch together.When I moved away, I kind of hinted that I liked him but was too much of a coward to actually tell him. This means he probably knows how I felt (he would have to be daft not to and believe me, the boy has brains) and I don't think he would say all of those things if he saw me as friend because it would be really cruel and he's one of the nicest people I've met. I just want to be really sure he likes me before I do anything because my feelings for him go way past a simple crush so what do you guys think?.

I am assuming he's your age - 14? He would need his parents permission to leave whatever country he lives in now to visit you. Do your parents know about him? Would they allow him to live with you for 2 weeks? Or is this all fantasy?

Yes he may like you and crushing on people at age 14 is pretty normal.

It seems like it would be difficult to arrange for him to come visit you, unless both your parents and his parents were fully aware and supportive of you two having a relationship. So probably one of the first things I'd clear up with him is this: he shouldn't be coming to visit you unless he's saying he wants to be in a relationship with you. If he doesn't want a relationship with you, would you think twice about letting him come stay with you? I would.

But if I were your parents, I would put my foot down and say no. I understand you like him a lot, but you're young and you have many exciting years ahead of you, and 14 yr old girls need to be protected from most teenage males, who will be reckless with your heart. Plus, when you're a little older and wiser, you will have the freedom to find a boyfriend who lives locally, or travel to meet a long distance boyfriend if that's what you prefer. Don't be upset if your parents aren't supportive of this relationship - most relationships at 14 end in heartbreak, and it's important that you're kept safe and happy.

Archived