AvaD21

Hi everyone, it's been a while!

There's been a certain someone in my life that I never saw as more than a friend (always got along really well) until quite recently. I knew he was attracted to me via mutual friends (we work together). We have so much in common, make each other laugh, have a good time together. He's the first guy I've actually started to get feelings for in the year & a half I've been single.

One thing - he has/had a gf. They had a complicated situation because they'd been quite on / off in the past, they lived together so I think part of him felt trapped. I didn't speak to him about it until recently when we both admitted we had growing feelings for each other. I admit, it's not good on my part to have been speaking with someone who has a girlfriend. It's always been friendly chat but it's turned into something else. He said recently he wanted to end things he was just finding it difficult as he didn't know where to live. Anyway, he's moved out this week. Technically right now they are having space away. He said he doesn't see himself getting back with her because it doesn't work for him anymore.

I find it difficult not speaking to him. Obviously at work I have to be professional but outside of work I'm not sure what to do. He said he has feelings for me but I don't want to intrude on what he's going through right now.

I just want clarification. Do I give him space and not speak or shall I have a conversation about where we are at?

This is not the time as ask where 'you two are at'

In the event that he gets settled, asks you out a date and you've spent some considerable amount of time together,

such as dating for a couple months, then you ask him `where you are at?'

At this very moment he still has a girlfriend, one that he's 'having space away' from, settling into a new place to live and a lot of loose ends to tie up, let alone breaking up from a long term relationship. (IF that does happen)

All this still makes him unavailable.

How you get them is how you loose them... You have already participated in emotional cheating. Remember that when it is done to you. On the one hand you acknowledge how low it is to take advantage of the situation, on the other hand you are asking whether you should be pushing to define your status. You are trying to build a relationship on a very low quality foundation to put it mildly...

I'm sorry OP but I have to agree with Clio, do not be surprised if you do become the girlfriend one day and he is talking with a girl behind your back and is telling her that he doesn't want to be with you and he wants to be with her.

A man who has no integrity and will lie and emotionally cheat is not a good partner.

I know what you're saying though I do believe this is completely unlike him to do something like this. I figure maybe he's at the end of the line with his relationship and his interactions with me have kind of opened his eyes to the fact it's not working with her anymore. I know what you're saying though

Archived